The Laundry Care in USA market report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data (historic date range), allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, packaging innovations, economic/lifestyle influences, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2022 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Carpet Cleaners, Fabric Softeners, Laundry Aids, Laundry Detergents.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Laundry Care market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
List of Contents and Tables
- Despite Innovation, Laundry Care Expected To Fall Over the Forecast Period
- Safety Concerns Continue To Swirl Around Liquid Tablet Detergents
- Sales Migration To Non-traditional Channels Set To Intensify
- Competitive Landscape
- Henkel AG & Co KGaA Catapults Into Second Place in US Laundry Care
- Acquisitions Highlight the Growing Importance of "green" Brands
- Procter & Gamble Doubles Down on Scent Boosters
- Category Indicators
- Table 1 Household Possession of Washing Machines 2012-2017
- Category Data
- Table 2 Sales of Laundry Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Laundry Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 4 Sales of Laundry Aids by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 5 Sales of Laundry Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 6 Sales of Laundry Detergents by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 7 Sales of Laundry Detergents by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 8 Sales of In-wash Spot and Stain Removers by Type: % Value Breakdown 2012-2017
- Table 9 NBO Company Shares of Laundry Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 10 LBN Brand Shares of Laundry Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Laundry Aids: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Laundry Aids: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 13 NBO Company Shares of Laundry Detergents: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 14 LBN Brand Shares of Laundry Detergents: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Laundry Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Laundry Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Despite A Rebounding Economy, Home Care Sees Limited Growth in the US
- Home Care Manufacturers Enter A New Era of Transparency in Ingredient Disclosure
- Home Care Players Look To Eco-conscious Consumers To Gain Share
- Innovation in New Product Development Stalls in 2017
- Consumers Will Continue To Embrace Products That Make Cleaning Easier
- Market Indicators
- Table 17 Households 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 18 Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 19 Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 20 NBO Company Shares of Home Care: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 21 LBN Brand Shares of Home Care: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 22 Penetration of Private Label in Home Care by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 23 Distribution of Home Care by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 24 Distribution of Home Care by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 25 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 26 Forecast Sales of Home Care by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Summary 1 Research Sources
Procter & Gamble remained the leader in laundry care in 2016 with a value share of 55%. Church & Dwight Co Inc was ranked number two with a share of 12%. Procter & Gamble is the undisputed leader of the category due to the large penetration of its brands Gain and Tide. These two brands are widely distributed and are very popular among consumers. In addition, Procter & Gamble continuously invests in the support of its brands through formula, product and packaging innovation. The company has a wide portfolio of products that includes laundry detergents that target niche areas such as Tide purclean which is an environmentally friendly product.
Over the forecast period the growth of laundry care is expected to be driven by innovation in terms of packaging, formulations and niche areas. Packaging that makes the use and dosage of laundry detergents easier is expected to be popular among consumers in the US. Meanwhile, innovation in product formulas to produce products that are environmentally safe or green are likely to benefit manufacturers. Lastly, unique gender or activity-based laundry products are also expected to positively influence sales over the forecast period. For instance, male laundry care products are becoming increasing popular, along with products that are meant to be used for athletic clothing.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Laundry Care industry in USA with research from a team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Laundry Care industry in USA, this research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Laundry Care in USA market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Laundry Care in USA?
- What are the major brands in USA?
- What is the performance of concentrated liquid detergents?
- What are the main new products developments in the laundry aids area?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Home Care market research database.