1h Free Analyst TimeSony Corp (6758) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by the publisher's to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Sony Corp (Sony) is a manufacturer of electronic equipment, semiconductors, medical related equipment, instruments, and devices. The company’s products includes televisions, mobile phones, cameras, music systems, game consoles and software, semiconductors, batteries, and other electronic components. Sony produces, acquires, and distributes recorded music, motion pictures and television programming; and operates television and digital networks. It also provides banking and credit finance and life and non-life insurance. The company markets products through sales subsidiaries, distributors and direct sales through the internet. The company operates in Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas. Sony is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Sony Corp Key Recent Developments
Jun 23,2021: Sony Group Files Annual Report on Form 20-F
Jun 22,2021: Sony Group Corporation Director and Executive Appointments
Sep 10,2020: Sony Establishes "Green Management 2025" Group Environmental Medium-Term Targets
Apr 16,2020: Sony announces collaboration with M3 on COVID-19 measures
Mar 11,2020: Sony introduces innovative new fluorescent KIRAVIA Dyes enabling higher brightness reagents for the life science segment
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 - About the Company
- Sony Corp - Key Facts
- Sony Corp - Key Employees
- Sony Corp - Key Employee Biographies
- Sony Corp - Major Products and Services
- Sony Corp - History
- Sony Corp - Company Statement
- Sony Corp - Locations And Subsidiaries
- Head Office
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
- Company Overview
- Sony Corp - Business Description
- Business Segment: Electronic products and Solutions
- Business Segment: Financial Services
- Business Segment: Game and Network Services
- Business Segment: Imaging and Sensing Solutions
- Business Segment: Music
- Business Segment: Others
- Business Segment: Pictures
- Geographical Segment: Asia-Pacific
- Target Markets
- Geographical Segment: China
- Geographical Segment: Europe
- Target Markets
- Geographical Segment: Japan
- Geographical Segment: Other Areas
- Target Markets
- Geographical Segment: The US
- R&D Overview
- Sony Corp - Corporate Strategy
- Sony Corp - SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Overview
- Sony Corp - Strengths
- Sony Corp - Weaknesses
- Sony Corp - Opportunities
- Sony Corp - Threats
- Sony Corp - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
- Performance Chart
- Financial Performance
- Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
- Sony Corp, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
- Jun 23, 2021: Sony Group Files Annual Report on Form 20-F
- Jun 22, 2021: Sony Group Corporation Director and Executive Appointments
- Sep 10, 2020: Sony Establishes Green Management 2025 Group Environmental Medium-Term Targets
- Apr 16, 2020: Sony announces collaboration with M3 on COVID-19 measures
- Mar 11, 2020: Sony introduces innovative new fluorescent KIRAVIA Dyes enabling higher brightness reagents for the life science segment
Section 5 – Appendix
- Ratio Definitions
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
List of Tables
- Sony Corp, Key Facts
- Sony Corp, Key Employees
- Sony Corp, Key Employee Biographies
- Sony Corp, Major Products and Services
- Sony Corp, History
- Sony Corp, Other Locations
- Sony Corp, Subsidiaries
- Sony Corp, Key Competitors
- Sony Corp, Ratios based on current share price
- Sony Corp, Annual Ratios
- Sony Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...1)
- Sony Corp, Annual Ratios (Cont...2)
- Sony Corp, Interim Ratios
- Sony Corp, Recent Deals Summary
- Currency Codes
- Capital Market Ratios
- Equity Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Cost Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Leverage Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
List of Figures
- Sony Corp, Performance Chart (2017 - 2021)
- Sony Corp, Ratio Charts
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Panasonic Corp
- Sharp Electronics Corp
- Foster Electric Co Ltd
- Canon Inc
- Toshiba Corp
- Micromax Informatics Ltd
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- ON Semiconductor Corp
- Nikon Corp
- Nintendo Co Ltd
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- NETGEAR Inc.
- Hitachi Ltd
- Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Take-Two Interactive Software Inc
- Sonos Inc