- Provides current status and future developments in CE analysis of pharmaceuticals.
- Explains how to develop and validate methods.
- Includes major pharmaceutical applications including assays and impurity testing.
1. Overview of Capillary Electrophoresis in Pharmaceutical Analysis
2. Theoretical Consideration in Performance of Various Modes of CE
3. Equipment Considerations for Capillary Electrophoresis
4. Method Development for Pharmaceutical Analysis
5. Role of CE in Drug Substance and Drug Product Development
6. General Considerations to Improve Performance of CE Methods
7. Overview of Current Regulatory Guidance
8. Qualification of CE Instrumentation
9. Robustness Testing of CE Methods
10. Validation of Analytical Methods
11. The Need for CE Methods in Pharmacopeial Monographs
12. CE in Impurity Profiling of Drugs
13. Ion Analysis
14. Role of CE in Biopharmaceutical Development and Quality Control
15. Capillary Electrophoresis and Bioanalysis
16. CE as Orthogonal Technique to Chromatography
17. Capillary Electrochromatography of Pharmaceuticals
18. Coupling CE and Chip-based Devices and Mass Spectrometry
Dr. Satinder Ahuja is a leading expert on improving water quality. He earned his PhD in analytical chemistry from the University of the Sciences, Philadelphia. He worked for Novartis Corp. in various leadership positions for over 25 years while simultaneously teaching and guiding research as an adjunct professor at Pace University for over 10 years. As president of Ahuja Consulting, he advises on quality issues relating to chemicals/pharmaceuticals and water. Dr. Ahuja has published numerous papers and more than 20 books. His latest books are "Chemistry and Water: The Science Behind Sustaining the World's Most Crucial Resource (Elsevier, 2016), "Food, Energy, and Water: The Chemistry Connection" (Elsevier, 2015), and "Water Reclamation and Sustainability" (Elsevier, 2014). Others include "Comprehensive Water Quality and Purification" (Elsevier, 2013), "Monitoring Water Quality: Pollution Assessment, Analysis, and Remediation" (Elsevier, 2013), "Novel Solutions to Water Pollution" (ACS Symposium Volume, 2013), "Handbook of Water Purity and Quality" (Elsevier, 2009), and "Arsenic Contamination of Water: Mechanism, Analysis, and Remediation" (Wiley, 2008). A member of the executive committee of the Rivers of the World Foundation (ROW), Dr. Ahuja has organized numerous global symposia on improving water quality, including presentations for the American Chemical Society and UNESCO.