1h Free Analyst TimeGeneral Motors Co (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by the publisher to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
HighlightsGeneral Motors Co (GM) is an automobile manufacturing company. The company, along with its partners, designs, builds, and markets cars, SUVs, crossovers trucks, and automobile parts around the world. GM also provides automotive financing services through its subsidiary, General Motors Financial Company. The company sells cars and trucks to commercial fleet customers, daily rental car companies, leasing companies, and governments directly or through a network of dealers. The company's key brands include Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Holden, ACDelco, On, Periscope, ultium, Baojun, Wuling, among others. It has operations in North America, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and South America. GM is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the US
General Motors Co Key Recent DevelopmentsAug 22, 2022: Gilchrist announces expanded collaboration with electric vehicle charging company Volta
Aug 09, 2022: Autonomy places 23,000 electric vehicle order with automakers to expand and diversify subscription fleet
Aug 03, 2022: General Motors and Livent enter supply agreement for battery raw materials
Jul 26, 2022: LG Chem and General Motors reach agreement for long-term supply of cathode active material to support EV growth
Jun 27, 2022: EVgo and General Motors activate Plug and Charge across EVgo Network
Key benefits of buying this profile include:You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Table of Contents
Section 1 - About the Company
- General Motors Co - Key Facts
- General Motors Co - Key Employees
- General Motors Co - Key Employee Biographies
- General Motors Co - Major Products and Services
- General Motors Co - History
- General Motors Co - Company Statement
- General Motors Co - Locations And Subsidiaries
- Head Office
- Other Locations & Subsidiaries
- Joint Venture
Section 2 - Company Analysis
- Company Overview
- General Motors Co - Business Description
- Business Segment: Corporate
- Business Segment: Cruise
- Business Segment: GM Financial
- Key Stats
- Business Segment: GMI
- Key Stats
- Business Segment: GMNA
- Key Stats
- Geographical Segment: Non-US
- Target Markets
- Geographical Segment: The US
- R&D Overview
- General Motors Co - Corporate Strategy
- General Motors Co - SWOT Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Overview
- General Motors Co - Strengths
- General Motors Co - Weaknesses
- General Motors Co - Opportunities
- General Motors Co - Threats
- General Motors Co - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
- Performance Chart
- Financial Performance
- Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
- Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
- General Motors Co, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
- Aug 22, 2022: Gilchrist announces expanded collaboration with electric vehicle charging company Volta
- Aug 09, 2022: Autonomy places 23,000 electric vehicle order with automakers to expand and diversify subscription fleet
- Aug 03, 2022: General Motors and Livent enter supply agreement for battery raw materials
- Jul 26, 2022: LG Chem and General Motors reach agreement for long-term supply of cathode active material to support EV growth
- Jun 27, 2022: EVgo and General Motors activate Plug and Charge across EVgo Network
- May 16, 2022: EVgo and Cadillac join to offer 2023 LYRIQ customers two years of unlimited charging on EVgo network
- May 09, 2022: BMW joins Ford, GM in DTE Energy’s Smart Charge Program, integrating electric vehicle charging with their net zero carbon emissions goals
- Apr 25, 2022: Ultium Energy recovery can help GM EVs charge and accelerate faster and drive farther
- Apr 22, 2022: DOE Announces 15 Universities Selected for EcoCAR Electric Vehicle Challenge
- Apr 22, 2022: BrightDrop and FedEx take part in record-setting EV campaign
Section 5 - Appendix
- Ratio Definitions
- About the Publisher
- Contact the Publisher
List of Tables
- General Motors Co, Key Facts
- General Motors Co, Key Employees
- General Motors Co, Key Employee Biographies
- General Motors Co, Major Products and Services
- General Motors Co, History
- General Motors Co, Other Locations
- General Motors Co, Subsidiaries
- General Motors Co, Joint Venture
- General Motors Co, Key Competitors
- General Motors Co, Ratios based on current share price
- General Motors Co, Annual Ratios
- General Motors Co, Interim Ratios
- General Motors Co, Recent Deals Summary
- Currency Codes
- Capital Market Ratios
- Equity Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- Cost Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Leverage Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
List of Figures
- General Motors Co, Performance Chart (2017 - 2021)
- General Motors Co, Ratio Charts
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Honda Motor Co Ltd
- Nissan Motor Co Ltd
- Dongfeng Motor Group Co Ltd
- Great Wall Motor Co Ltd
- Volkswagen AG
- Tesla Inc
- Subaru Corp
- Guangzhou Automobile Group Co Ltd
- Toyota Motor Corp
- Mercedes-Benz Group AG
- Stellantis NV
- Ford Motor Co
- GAC Motor Co Ltd
- Mazda Motor Corp
- China FAW Group Co Ltd
- SAIC Motor Corp Ltd
- Renault SA
- Peugeot SA
- Hyundai Motor Co