Key features include:
- Substantially updated to focus on a specific ARM-based single board computer (SBC) as a target for embedded application programming
- Includes an introduction to Android programming
With this book you will learn:
- The basics of Open Source, Linux and the embedded space
- How to set up a simple system and tool chain
- How to use simulation for initial application testing
- Network, graphics and Android programming
- How to use some of the many Linux components and tools
- How to configure and build the Linux kernel, BusyBox and U-Boot bootloader
- Provides a hands-on introduction for engineers and software developers who need to get up to speed quickly on embedded Linux, its operation and its capabilities - including Android- Updated and changed accompanying tools, with a focus on the author's specially-developed Embedded Linux Learning Kit
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. The Embedded and Real-Time Space 2. Installing Linux 3. Introducing Linux 4. The Host Development Environment 5. The Hardware 6. Eclipse Integrated Development Environment 7. Accessing Hardware from User Space 8. Debugging Embedded Software 9. Posix Threads 10. Embedded Networking 11. Configuring and Building the Kernel 12. Kernel Modules and Device Drivers 13. BusyBox and Linux Initialization 14. U-Boot Boot Loader and Getting Ready to Ship 15. Source Code Control-GIT 16. Build Tools
Appendix A: U-Boot Commands Appendix B: Why Software Should Not Have Owners
Doug Abbott is a consultant with over thirty years' experience, specializing in hardware and software for industrial and scientific data acquisition and embedded product applications. Doug is also a popular instructor and seminar leader, who teaches classes in PC technology and real-time programming for University of California Berkeley Extension. He has taught the techniques of real-time programming and multi-tasking operating systems to hundreds of professional engineers.
Doug Abbott is the principal of Intellimetrix, a consulting firm in Silver City, NM, specializing in hardware and software for industrial and scientific data acquisition and embedded product applications. Among his past and pre-sent clients are Agilent Technologies, Tektronix, Sandia National Laboratory and numerous smaller high-tech com-panies in Silicon Valley.
Mr. Abbott has over thirty years experience in various aspects of computer hardware and software design and has been an independent consultant for the past fifteen years. Prior to founding Intellimetrix, he managed software de-velopment for DSP Technology, Inc, a leading supplier of high-speed instrumentation.
Doug is also a popular instructor and seminar leader, who teaches classes in PC technology and real-time program-ming for University of California Berkeley Extension. He has taught the techniques of real-time programming and multi-tasking operating systems to hundreds of professional engineers. These classes can also be customized and made available for on-site presentation.
Mr. Abbott received an MSEE degree from the University of California at Berkeley.