Stretch blow molding is the blow molding process used to produce bottles of the strength required for carbonated drinks. In this handbook, Ottmar Brandau introduces the technology of stretch blow molding, explores practical aspects of designing and running a production line and looks at practical issues for quality control and troubleshooting. As an experienced engineer, manager and consultant, Brandau's focus is on optimizing the production process, improving quality and reducing cycle time.
This book is a thoroughly practical handbook that provides engineers and managers with the toolkit to improve production and engineering aspects in their own businesses--saving money, increasing output and improving competitiveness by adopting new technologies.
- Learn the tricks of the trade from an experienced engineer and manager
- Save money: Practical strategies to optimize the production process, improve quality and reduce cycle times
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the latest technological and best practice developments in stretch blow molding
1. A Short history of Stretch Blow Molding
2. Material Basics
3. Reheat Stretch Blow Molding Machines
4. Machine Details
5. Blow Molds
6. Fundamentals of the Blow Process
7. The Blowing Process
8. Injection Stretch Blow Molding Machines
9. Special Applications
10. Troubleshooting of Blowing Problems
12. Preform Design for Single and Two-stage Processing
13. Auxiliary Equipment
14. Training of Operators
Ottmar Brandau is President of Apex Container Inc. in Ontario, Canada. Brandau is a member of the Society of Plastics Engineers and was previously VP Operations at Magic North America Inc.