The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (West Fraser) is a integrated forest products company. It produces lumber, wood chips, fibreboard, plywood, pulp, and newsprint products. The company offers SPF lumber and treated wood lumbers in Canada and SYP lumber in the US. The Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) products manufactured by company are marketed under the Ranger, WestPine, Eco-Gold and Ecopremium brands It also offers Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft (NBSK) and Bleached Chemical Thermo-Mechanical Pulp (BCTMP) pulp products. Additionally, West Fraser offers bioproducts and engineered wood products. It offers these products through third party transportation (3PL) providers that include truckers, bulk and container shippers and railways. The company operates through its manufacturing facilities and sales offices located in the US and Canada. West Fraser is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Key Facts
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Key Employees
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Major Products and Services
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - History
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Company Statement
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Business Description
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Corporate Strategy
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Strengths
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Weaknesses
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Opportunities
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Threats
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Appendix
List of Tables:
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Facts
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Employees
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Employee Biographies
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Major Products and Services
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., History
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Other Locations
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Subsidiaries
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Joint Venture
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Key Competitors
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Ratios based on current share price
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Annual Ratios
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Annual Ratios (Cont
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Annual Ratios (Cont
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures:
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016)
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Ratio Charts