Now in its third edition, this single resource covers all aspects of the utilization of geothermal energy for power generation using fundamental scientific and engineering principles. Its practical emphasis is enhanced by the use of case studies from real plants that increase the reader's understanding of geothermal energy conversion and provide a unique compilation of hard-to-obtain data and experience.
Important new chapters cover Hot Dry Rock, Enhanced Geothermal Systems, and Deep Hydrothermal Systems. New, international case studies provide practical, hands-on knowledge.
- Provides coverage of all aspects of the utilization of geothermal energy for power generation from fundamental scientific and engineering principles
- International case studies from real plants provide a unique compilation of hard-to-obtain data and experience
- Includes pivotal updates on advances in Hot Dry Rock, Enhanced Geothermal Systems, and Deep Hydrothermal Systems
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Geology of Geothermal Regions
2. Exploration Strategies and Techniques
3. Geothermal Well Drilling
4. Reservoir Engineering
PART TWO GEOTHERMAL POWER GENERATING SYSTEMS
5. Single-Flash Steam Power Plants
6. Double-Flash Steam Power Plants
7. Dry-Steam Power Plants
8. Binary Cycle Power Plants
9. Advanced Geothermal Energy Conversion Systems
10. Hot Dry Rock/Enhanced Geothermal Systems/Deep Hydrothermal Systems
11. Exergy Analysis Applied to Geothermal Power Systems
PART THREE GEOTHERMAL POWER PLANT CASE STUDIES
12. Larderello Dry-Steam Power Plants, Tuscany, Italy
13. The Geysers Dry-Steam Power Plants, Sonoma and Lake Counties, California, U.S.A.
14. Cerro Prieto Power Station, Baja California Norte, Mexico
15. Hatchobaru Power Station, Oita Prefecture, Kyushu, Japan
16. Mutnovsky Flash-Steam Power Plant, Kamchakta Peninsula, Russia
17. Miravalles Power Station, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
18. Heber Binary Plants, Imperial Valley, California, USA
19. Magmamax Binary Power Plant, East Mesa, Imperial Valley California, USA
20. Raft River Plants, Idaho, USA
21. Kizildere and Salavatli Plants, Turkey
22. Nesjavellir and Hellisheidi Plants, Iceland
23. Environmental Impact of Geothermal Power Plants
Ronald DiPippo is a world-recognized geothermal expert. He is the author of 98 technical publications and has taught as a visiting lecturer at M.I.T., Brown University, University of Nevada, Reno, and University of Akureyri, Iceland