Footwear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada footwear market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The footwear market consists of the total revenues generated through the sale of all types of men's, women's and children's shoes. It includes all footwear categories for men, women, boys and girls, but excludes sports-specific footwear.
- The Canadian footwear market is expected to generate total revenues of $5,821.2m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% between 2013 and 2017.
- The Canadian market has been boosted by the presence of several large, home grown players that have managed to manufacture and retail new and exclusive footwear which has resonated strongly with buyers in the Canadian market.
- Canada’s entry into the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) opens the possibility of importing cheaper footwear items from abroad at cheaper rates. This might encourage new players to enter the Canadian market, as a greater number of suppliers in the market reduces their power.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the footwear market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the footwear market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key footwear market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada footwear market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Canada footwear market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Canada footwear market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada footwear market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's footwear market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Aldo Group Inc.
Town Shoes Limited
Wolverine World Wide, Inc.
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Canada footwear market value: $ million, 2013-17(e)
Table 2: Canada footwear market category segmentation: $ million, 2017(e)
Table 3: Canada footwear market geography segmentation: $ million, 2017(e)
Table 4: Canada footwear market distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Table 5: Canada footwear market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Table 6: Aldo Group Inc.: key facts
Table 7: Caleres, Inc: key facts
Table 8: Caleres, Inc: key financials ($)
Table 9: Caleres, Inc: key financial ratios
Table 10: Town Shoes Limited: key facts
Table 11: Wolverine World Wide, Inc.: key facts
Table 12: Wolverine World Wide, Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 13: Wolverine World Wide, Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 14: Canada size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 15: Canada gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 16: Canada gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2013-17
Table 17: Canada inflation, 2013-17
Table 18: Canada consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 19: Canada exchange rate, 2013-17
List of Figures
Figure 1: Canada footwear market value: $ million, 2013-17(e)
Figure 2: Canada footwear market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 3: Canada footwear market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 4: Canada footwear market distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e)
Figure 5: Canada footwear market value forecast: $ million, 2017-22
Figure 6: Forces driving competition in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 7: Drivers of buyer power in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of supplier power in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 9: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 11: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the footwear market in Canada, 2017
Figure 12: Caleres, Inc: revenues & profitability
Figure 13: Caleres, Inc: assets & liabilities
Figure 14: Wolverine World Wide, Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 15: Wolverine World Wide, Inc.: assets & liabilities