- Monthly brief information bulletins on major supply and demand indicators in the sectors of shipping and shipbuilding.
- Continuous statistical evaluations of the shipping and shipbuilding markets, information on the development of seaborne trade and freight rates, data on major seaports of the world, as well as on shipping and goods traffic on sea canals and detailed statistical analyses of individual markets.
- Development of individual markets
Each issue of the SSMR includes an 'ISL Market Review' with leading indicators to reflect market trends continuously, namely: economic indicators, world merchant fleet, freight and charter market, shipping prices and costs, World shipbuilding, world port traffic. 28 separate indicators are differentiated which reflect relevant market developments on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Issue 1/2: World Merchant Fleet
- Issue 3: World Tanker Market
- Issue 4: World Bulk Carrier Market
- Issue 5/6: World Container and General Cargo Shipping
- Issue 7: World Merchant Fleet by Ownership Patterns
- Issue 8: World Passenger and Cruise Shipping/ISL Cruise Fleet Register
- Issue 9/10: World Shipbuilding and Shipbuilders
- Issue 11: Major Shipping Nations
- Issue 12: World Seaborne Trade and World Port Traffic