Each issue of the SSMR analyses a different market segment or aspect of seaborne traffic and trade. The special feature topics of each issue are:
- issue 1: World Merchant Fleet
- issue 2: World Tanker Market
- issue 3: World Bulk Carrier Market
- issue 4: World Container Shipping
- issue 5: World General Cargo and Ro-Ro Shipping
- issue 6: World Passenger and Cruise Shipping
- issue 7: World Shipbuilding and Shipbuilders
- issue 8: Major Shipping Nations
- issue 9: World Seaborne Trade and World Port Traffic
This English language publication comprises the following sections:
Monthly brief information bulletins on major supply and demand indicators in the sectors of shipping and shipbuilding. This includes: Economic indicators, World merchant fleet, Freight and charter market, Shipping prices and costs, World shipbuilding, World port traffic. We differentiate between 31 separate indicators which reflect relevant market developments on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Continuous statistical evaluations of the shipping and shipbuilding markets, information on the development of seaborne trade and freight rates, data on vessel and cargo traffic major of major world seaports, as well as detailed statistical analyses of individual markets.
Expert comment on the most recent developments of individual markets; special feature topics are analysed in each issue.