Dairy in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Germany dairy market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The dairy food market consists of the retail sale of Butter and Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based and Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais and Quark, Milk, Soymilk and Soy Drinks and Yogurt products. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The German dairy market had total revenues of $32,754.7m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.4% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 0.3% between 2012 and 2016 to reach a total of 9,911.6 million kilograms in 2016.
- The main dairy products, such as desserts, cream, condensed milk, fromage frais and quark have a long tradition in Germany. Therefore, it is difficult to produce substantial growth in the mature market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the dairy market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the dairy market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key dairy market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany dairy market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Germany dairy market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Germany dairy market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany dairy market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Germany's dairy market?
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Unternehmensgruppe Theo Muller S.e.c.s.
Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.
List of Tables
Table 1: Germany dairy market value: $ million, 2012-16
Table 2: Germany dairy market volume: million kilograms, 2012-16
Table 3: Germany dairy market category segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 4: Germany dairy market geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 5: Germany dairy market share: % share, by value, 2016
Table 6: Germany dairy market distribution: % share, by value, 2016
Table 7: Germany dairy market value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Table 8: Germany dairy market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2016-21
Table 9: Hochland SE: key facts
Table 10: Unternehmensgruppe Theo Muller S.e.c.s.: key facts
Table 11: Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.: key facts
Table 12: Savencia SA: key facts
Table 13: Savencia SA: key financials ($)
Table 14: Savencia SA: key financials (€)
Table 15: Savencia SA: key financial ratios
Table 16: Germany size of population (million), 2012-16
Table 17: Germany gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 18: Germany gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 19: Germany inflation, 2012-16
Table 20: Germany consumer price index (absolute), 2012-16
Table 21: Germany exchange rate, 2012-16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Germany dairy market value: $ million, 2012-16
Figure 2: Germany dairy market volume: million kilograms, 2012-16
Figure 3: Germany dairy market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Germany dairy market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 5: Germany dairy market share: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 6: Germany dairy market distribution: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 7: Germany dairy market value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 8: Germany dairy market volume forecast: million kilograms, 2016-21
Figure 9: Forces driving competition in the dairy market in Germany, 2016
Figure 10: Drivers of buyer power in the dairy market in Germany, 2016
Figure 11: Drivers of supplier power in the dairy market in Germany, 2016
Figure 12: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the dairy market in Germany, 2016
Figure 13: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the dairy market in Germany, 2016
Figure 14: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the dairy market in Germany, 2016
Figure 15: Savencia SA: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Savencia SA: assets & liabilities