Abstract from the October Issue
In October, China’s stainless steel prices different grades growth. Among that, 300 and 200 series prices surged up; 430 series prices inched up. LME three-month nickel price came to US$ 11305.83 per ton, dropping down 1.64 percent. High carbon ferrochrome price fell down significantly by 700 yuan/ton or 8.14 percent to 7,900 yuan/ton.
Stainless steel inventory at leading markets increased up slightly. Stainless steel coils/plate inventory totaled at 286,400 tonnes at Wuxi and Foshan markets, 11500 tonnes higher from the earlier month. Demand after Chinese National Holiday was unleashed, but became weak in late October. November is the traditional off season for stainless steel demand.
As per current situation, 300 series and 200 series stainless steel prices in November will keep vibrating along with nickel price; 400 series price is likely to be stable but weak.
I China’s Stainless Steel Prices Different Grades Growth in October
- Wuxi Market
- Foshan Market
II Analysis on China Stainless Steel Market for November 2017
1 Supply and Demand:
- Leading Steel Mills in November Remain Full Production
- China's Stainless Steel Plate/Strip Exports & Imports
- Demand in November will Become Weak
2 Raw Materials Market:
- LME Three-month Nickel Futures Average Price Inched down in October
- China High Carbon Ferrochrome Market Price Slumped down
3 Stainless Steel Inventories Inched up at China's Major Markets
List of Tables and Figures
1. Table - Stainless Steel Plate/Strip Price in China in October 2017 (Unit: yuan per tonne)
2. Figure - Stainless Steel Prices in Wuxi Market - 2015 to October 2017
3. Figure - China SS Plate/Strip Import and Export - 2015 to September 2017
4. Figure - China CR SS Sheet Import and Export - 2015 to September 2017
5. Figure - China HR Medium Heavy Wide Strip Impo/Expo - 2015 to September 2017
6. Figure - LME 3 Month Nickel Futures Close Price & Inventory - 2015 to October 2017
7. Figure - Stainless Steel Inventory in Wuxi Market - 2015 to October 2017