Textile Mills in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Italy textile mills market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The textile mills industry includes yarns and fabrics. The value of each segment is for consumption, defined as domestic production plus imports minus exports, all valued at manufacturer prices. The yarns segment covers yarns for sewing, weaving, knitting, etc, made of cotton, wool, artificial, synthetic, or other fibers, but does not include the production of the fibers before spinning. Fabrics covers woven, non-woven, and knitted fabrics (including knitted products such as sweaters). All currency conversions use constant average 2016 exchange rates.
- The Italian textile mills industry had total revenues of $12.7bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -5.4% between 2012 and 2016.
- The fabrics segment was the industry's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $10.4bn, equivalent to 82.1% of the industry's overall value.
- Increased macroeconomic stability coupled with reduced price competition from China are the two main reasons why the Italian industry will return to growth in the forecast period.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the textile mills market in Italy
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the textile mills market in Italy
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key textile mills market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Italy textile mills market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Italy textile mills market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Italy textile mills market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Italy textile mills market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Italy's textile mills market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Italy textile mills industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Table 2: Italy textile mills industry category segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 3: Italy textile mills industry geography segmentation: $ million, 2016
Table 4: Italy textile mills industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Table 5: Ermenegildo Zegna: key facts
Table 6: Marzotto S.p.A.: key facts
Table 7: Prada S.p.A.: key facts
Table 8: Prada S.p.A.: key financials ($)
Table 9: Prada S.p.A.: key financials (€)
Table 10: Prada S.p.A.: key financial ratios
Table 11: RadiciGroup: key facts
Table 12: Italy size of population (million), 2012-16
Table 13: Italy gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 14: Italy gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2012-16
Table 15: Italy inflation, 2012-16
Table 16: Italy consumer price index (absolute), 2012-16
Table 17: Italy exchange rate, 2012-16
List of Figures
Figure 1: Italy textile mills industry value: $ million, 2012-16
Figure 2: Italy textile mills industry category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 3: Italy textile mills industry geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Italy textile mills industry value forecast: $ million, 2016-21
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the textile mills industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the textile mills industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the textile mills industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the textile mills industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the textile mills industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the textile mills industry in Italy, 2016
Figure 11: Prada S.p.A.: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Prada S.p.A.: assets & liabilities