Global Reinsurance industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global reinsurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The global reinsurance market is valued as the amount of direct insurance ceded to reinsurers according to that line of business.
- The global reinsurance market had total net written premiums of $161.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% between 2012 and 2016.
- The global reinsurance market is increasingly becoming consolidated, with several major acquisitions and mergers taking place in recent months. Japanese ‘Sompo Holdings’ for example acquired American ‘Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd’ for $6.3bn in October 2016. Canadian ‘Fairfax’ similarly bought ‘Allied World’ in December 2016 for $4.9bn.
- The US makes up a major portion of the global reinsurance market and stagnation within the US market is a major reason for the decline in 2015. Fluctuations within the US market therefore have a large impact on the global market. In fact in 2012, the US market made up around 88% of the total value of the global market. However in recent years, strongest growth has been seen in the Asia-Pacific region, especially in the fast growing economies of China and India.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the reinsurance market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalreinsurance market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key reinsurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global reinsurance market with five year forecasts
- What was the size of the Global reinsurance market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Global reinsurance market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global reinsurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in the global's reinsurance market?
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Swiss Re Ltd
Munich Reinsurance Company
List of Tables
Table 1: Global reinsurance market value: $ billion,
Table 2: Global reinsurance market category segmentation: $ billion,
Table 3: Global reinsurance market share: % share, by value,
Table 4: Global reinsurance market value forecast: $ billion,
Table 5: Swiss Re Ltd: key facts
Table 6: Swiss Re Ltd: key financials ($)
Table 7: Swiss Re Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 8: Munich Reinsurance Company: key facts
Table 9: Talanx AG: key facts
Table 10: Talanx AG: key financials ($)
Table 11: Talanx AG: key financials (€)
Table 12: Talanx AG: key financial ratios
Table 13: SCOR SE: key facts
Table 14: SCOR SE: key financials ($)
Table 15: SCOR SE: key financials (€)
Table 16: SCOR SE: key financial ratios
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global reinsurance market value: $ billion,
Figure 2: Global reinsurance market category segmentation: % share, by value,
Figure 3: Global reinsurance market share: % share, by value,
Figure 4: Global reinsurance market value forecast: $ billion,
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the global reinsurance market,
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the global reinsurance market,
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the global reinsurance market,
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global reinsurance market,
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global reinsurance market,
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global reinsurance market,
Figure 11: Swiss Re Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 12: Swiss Re Ltd: assets & liabilities
Figure 13: Talanx AG: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Talanx AG: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: SCOR SE: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: SCOR SE: assets & liabilities