In addition to analysis and verification fundamentals and the demands placed on construction materials (ground, geosynthetics) several sections deal with the various applications:
- Embackments on soft soils,
- Reinforced foundation pads,
- Transport routes,
- Retaining structures,
- Landfill engineering reinforcement of surface–parallel stratified systems,
- Reinforced earth structures over point or linear bearing elements,
- Foundation systems using geotextile–encased columns,
- Overbridging systems in areas prone to subsidence,
- Dynamic actions on geosynthetic–reinforced systems.
Examples are provided to clarify the Recommendations.
With the publication of these EBGEO Recommendations the German Geotechnical Society s (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Geotechnik e. V. (DGGT)) Working Group AK 5.2 Analysis and Dimensioning of Soil Structures using Geosynthetic Reinforcements supports construction practitioners in the design and analysis of geosynthetic–reinforced earth structures. The Recommendations are therefore regarded as best structures and as supplementing standards.
Demands on Materials
Embankments on Soft Soils
Reinforced Foundation Pads
Landfill Engineering –
Reinforcement of Surface–parallel, Stratified Systems
Reinforced Earth Structures over Point or Linear Bearing Elements
Foundation Systems Using Geotextile–encased Columns
Dynamic Actions of Geosynthetic–reinforced Systems