Highlights of Statistics for Business and Economics, First European Edition, include:
- Statistics in Business Today. These focus boxes contain interesting applications of how statistical techniques are used in business and help students see the relevance of studying business statistics.
- Ethical Considerations. This feature highlights the considerable potential for the misuse of statistics in business.
- Decision Dilemmas. These chapter–opening vignettes and end–of–chapter solutions present relevant business–world solutions.
- Numerous demonstration and section problems. Hundreds of different types of problems help give students confidence in mastering different statistical techniques.
- European Focus. Problems, examples and decision dilemmas presented in this edition are up–to–date and based almost entirely on European and international business and economics data and case studies.
Substantial web resources for this book can be found at: [external URL]
These include video tutorials, interactive activities, data and problem sets in Excel and Minitab, a guide to Excel for students and a student study guide containing selected answers to the problems in the book.
WileyPLUS is a research–based online environment for effective teaching and learning. It builds students' confidence by taking the guesswork out of studying and providing students with a clear roadmap:
- what to do
- how to do it
- if they did it right
Offering interactive resources alongside a complete digital textbook, WileyPLUS helps students take the initiative and learn more, and has proved to have a greater impact on their achievement in the classroom and beyond.
To learn more about WileyPLUS, and view a demo, please visit [external URL]
1 Introduction to Statistics 3
2 Charts and Graphs 19
3 Descriptive Statistics 51
4 Probability 102
UNIT II DISTRIBUTIONS AND SAMPLING
5 Discrete Distributions 149
6 Continuous Distributions 194
7 Sampling and Sampling Distributions 234
UNIT III MAKING INFERENCES ABOUT POPULATION PARAMETERS
8 Statistical Inference: Estimation for Single Populations 271
9 Statistical Inference: Hypothesis Testing for Single Populations 310
10 Statistical Inferences About Two Populations 363
11 Analysis of Variance and Design of Experiments 422
UNIT IV REGRESSION ANALYSIS AND FORECASTING
12 Simple Regression Analysis and Correlation 487
13 Multiple Regression Analysis 545
14 Building Multiple Regression Models 578
15 Time–Series Forecasting and Index Numbers 625
UNIT V CATEGORICAL DATA AND NON–PARAMETRIC STATISTICS
16 Analysis of Categorical Data 685
17 Non–parametric Statistics 713
A Tables 765
B Answers to Selected Odd–Numbered Quantitative Problems 807
18 Statistical Quality Control
19 Decision Analysis