Diagnostic Collaboration and Licensing Deals provides a comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the diagnostic deals entered into by the worlds leading biopharma companies.
Fully revised and updated, the report provides details of diagnostic deals from 2016 to 2023.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter diagnostic deals. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
The report includes collaboration, development, research and licensing deals.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of 2087 diagnostic deals announced since 2016 including financial terms where available including links to online deal records of actual diagnostic partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of diagnostic dealmaking.
Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report.
Chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in diagnostic dealmaking since 2016.
Chapter 3 provides an overview of the leading diagnostic deals since 2016. Deals are listed by headline value.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in diagnostic dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of diagnostic deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of diagnostic deals signed and announced since Jan 2016, where a contract document is available in the public domain.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of diagnostic partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2016. The chapter is organized by specific diagnostic technology type in focus.
The report also includes numerous table and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in diagnostic deal making since 2016.
In addition, a comprehensive deal directory is provided organized by company A-Z, deal type and therapeutic target. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Diagnostic Collaboration and Licensing Deals provides the reader with the following key benefits:
• Understand deal trends since 2016
• Browse diagnostic collaboration and licensing deals
• Benchmark analysis - identify market value of transactions
• Financials terms - upfront, milestone, royalties
• Directory of deals by company A-Z, deal type and therapy area
• Leading deals by value
• Most active dealmakers
• Identify assets and deal terms for each transaction
• Access contract documents - insights into deal structures
• Due diligence - assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
• Save hundreds of hours of research time
Diagnostic Collaboration and Licensing Deals is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding of diagnostic trends and structure of deals entered into by leading biopharma companies worldwide.
Diagnostic Collaboration and Licensing Deals includes:
• Trends in diagnostic dealmaking in the biopharma industry
• Directory of diagnostic deal records covering pharmaceutical and biotechnology
• The leading diagnostic deals by value
• Most active diagnostic licensing dealmakers
Diagnostic Collaboration and Licensing Deals provides comprehensive access to available records for deals, including contract documents where available.
Analyzing contract agreements allows due diligence of:
• What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
• What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
• What exclusivity is granted?
• What is the payment structure for the deal?
• How are sales and payments audited?
• What is the deal term?
• How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
• How are IPRs handled and owned?
• Who is responsible for commercialization?
• Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
• How is confidentiality and publication managed?
• How are disputes to be resolved?
• Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
• What happens when there is a change of ownership?
• What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
• Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
• Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
• Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Table of Contents
2.2. Diagnostic deals over the years
2.3. Most active diagnostic dealmakers
2.4. Diagnostic deals by deal type
2.5. Diagnostic deals by therapy area
2.6. Diagnostic deals by industry sector
2.7. Deal terms for diagnostic deals
2.7.1 Diagnostic deals headline values
2.7.2 Diagnostic deal upfront payments
2.7.3 Diagnostic deal milestone payments
2.7.4 Diagnostic royalty rates
3.2. Top diagnostic deals by value
4.2. Most active diagnostic dealmakers
4.3. Most active diagnostic deals company profiles
5.2. Diagnostic contracts dealmaking directory
Deal directory - Diagnostic deals by deal type
Deal directory - Diagnostic deals by therapy area
Deal type definitions
Figure 2: Active diagnostic dealmaking activity - 2016 - 2023
Figure 3: Diagnostic deals by deal type since 2016
Figure 4: Diagnostic deals by therapy area since 2016
Figure 5: Diagnostic deals by industry sector since 2016
Figure 6: Diagnostic deals with a headline value
Figure 7: Diagnostic deals with an upfront value
Figure 8: Diagnostic deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Diagnostic deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 10: Top diagnostic deals by value since 2016
Figure 11: Most active diagnostic dealmakers 2016 - 2023
Figure 12: Diagnostic deals by technology type since 2016
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Image Analysis
- Great Basin Scientific
- Cosmo Bio
- Anpac Bio-Medical Science
- AmCad BioMed
- Canon BioMedical
- Cenix BioScience
- InGen BioSciences
- Array Biopharma
- Bliss Biopharmaceutical
- Agena Bioscience
- Crown Bioscience
- Akers Biosciences
- Akoya Biosciences
- Alume Biosciences
- Anixa Biosciences
- Arbor Biosciences
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.