Fully revised and updated, the report provides details of drug delivery deals from 2016 to 2023.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter drug delivery deals. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
The report includes collaboration, development, research and licensing deals.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of 1551 drug delivery deals announced since 2016 including financial terms where available including links to online deal records of actual drug delivery partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of drug delivery dealmaking.
Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report.
Chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in drug delivery dealmaking since 2016.
Chapter 3 provides an overview of the leading drug delivery deals since 2016. Deals are listed by headline value.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in drug delivery dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of drug delivery deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of drug delivery deals signed and announced since Jan 2016, where a contract document is available in the public domain.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of drug delivery partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2016. The chapter is organized by specific drug delivery technology type in focus.
The report also includes numerous table and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in drug delivery deal making since 2016.
In addition, a comprehensive deal directory is provided organized by company A-Z, deal type and therapeutic target. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Drug Delivery Collaboration and Licensing Deals provides the reader with the following key benefits:• Understand deal trends since 2016
• Browse drug delivery collaboration and licensing deals
• Benchmark analysis - identify market value of transactions
• Financials terms - upfront, milestone, royalties
• Directory of deals by company A-Z, deal type and therapy area
• Leading deals by value
• Most active dealmakers
• Identify assets and deal terms for each transaction
• Access contract documents - insights into deal structures
• Due diligence - assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
• Save hundreds of hours of research time
Report scopeDrug Delivery Collaboration and Licensing Deals is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding of drug delivery trends and structure of deals entered into by leading biopharma companies worldwide.
Drug Delivery Collaboration and Licensing Deals includes:• Trends in drug delivery dealmaking in the biopharma industry
• Directory of drug delivery deal records covering pharmaceutical and biotechnology
• The leading drug delivery deals by value
• Most active drug delivery licensing dealmakers
Drug Delivery Collaboration and Licensing Deals provides comprehensive access to available records for deals, including contract documents where available.
Analyzing contract agreements allows due diligence of:• What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
• What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
• What exclusivity is granted?
• What is the payment structure for the deal?
• How are sales and payments audited?
• What is the deal term?
• How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
• How are IPRs handled and owned?
• Who is responsible for commercialization?
• Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
• How is confidentiality and publication managed?
• How are disputes to be resolved?
• Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
• What happens when there is a change of ownership?
• What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
• Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
• Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
• Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Table of Contents
2.2. Drug delivery deals over the years
2.3. Most active drug delivery dealmakers
2.4. Drug delivery deals by deal type
2.5. Drug delivery deals by therapy area
2.6. Drug delivery deals by industry sector
2.7. Deal terms for drug delivery deals
2.7.1 Drug delivery deals headline values
2.7.2 Drug delivery deal upfront payments
2.7.3 Drug delivery deal milestone payments
2.7.4 Drug delivery royalty rates
3.2. Top drug delivery deals by value
4.2. Most active drug delivery dealmakers
4.3. Most active drug delivery deals company profiles
5.2. Drug delivery contracts dealmaking directory
Deal directory - Drug delivery deals by deal type
Deal directory - Drug delivery deals by therapy area
Deal type definitions
Figure 2: Active drug delivery dealmaking activity - 2016 - 2023
Figure 3: Drug delivery deals by deal type since 2016
Figure 4: Drug delivery deals by therapy area since 2016
Figure 5: Drug delivery deals by industry sector since 2016
Figure 6: Drug delivery deals with a headline value
Figure 7: Drug delivery deals with an upfront value
Figure 8: Drug delivery deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Drug delivery deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 10: Top drug delivery deals by value since 2016
Figure 11: Most active drug delivery dealmakers 2016 - 2023
Figure 12: Drug delivery deals by technology type since 2016
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Delta 9 Cannabis
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- STADA Arzneimittel
- TFB & Associates
- Imbed Bio
- Sesen Bio
- Motif Bio
- Avior Bio
- Tetra Bio-Pharma
- Helix BioPharma
- Carna BioSciences
- AMPEL BioSolutions
- Leads Biolabs
- Orbit Biomedical
- Proxy Biomedical
- Dance Biopharm
- NEMUS Bioscience
- Artes Biotechnology
- Tamir Biotechnology
- Juyou Biotechnology
- Small Business Innovation Research
- Auxly Cannabis Group
- North Carolina State University
- Magle Chemoswed
- LatAm Clinical Trials
- Eve & Co
- Aceto Corporation
- Green Cross LabCell
- Nitto Denko
- Kwang Dong Pharmaceutical
- Rapid Dose Therapeutics
- Fidia Farmaceutici
- Apsen Farmacutica
- Grupo Ferrer
- Altus Formulation
- Aspen Global
- Eitan Group
- Clear Guide Medical
- Evero Health
- World Health Organization
- Bayer Healthcare
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.