Lithium-Ion Batteries features an in-depth description of different lithium-ion applications, including important features such as safety and reliability. This title acquaints readers with the numerous and often consumer-oriented applications of this widespread battery type.
Lithium-Ion Batteries also explores the concepts of nanostructured materials, as well as the importance of battery management systems. This handbook is an invaluable resource for electrochemical engineers and battery and fuel cell experts everywhere, from research institutions and universities to a worldwide array of professional industries.
- Contains all applications of consumer and industrial lithium-ion batteries, including reviews, in a single volume
- Features contributions from the world's leading industry and research experts
- Presents executive summaries of specific case studies
- Covers information on basic research and application approaches
1. Development of the Lithium-Ion Battery and Recent Technological Trends 2. Past, Present and Future of Lithium-Ion Batteries: Can New Technologies Open up New Horizons? 3. Fast Charging (up to 6C) of Lithium-Ion Cells and Modules: Electrical and Thermal Response and Life Cycle Tests 4. Nanostructured Electrode Materials for Lithium-Ion Batteries 5. EVs and HEVs: The Need and Potential Functions of Batteries for Future Systems 6. Manufacturing Costs of Batteries for Electric Vehicles 7. Lithium-Ion Battery Packs for EVs 8. The Voltec System-Energy Storage and Electric Propulsion 9. Transit Bus Applications of Lithium-Ion Batteries: Progress and Prospects 10. EVs and HEVs Using Lithium-Ion Batteries 11. The Challenge of PHEV Battery Design and the Opportunities of Electrothermal Modeling 12. Solid-State Lithium-Ion Batteries for Electric Vehicles 13. Lithium-Ion Batteries for Storage of Renewable Energies and Electric Grid Backup 14. Satellite Lithium-Ion Batteries 15. Lithium-Ion Battery Management 16. Electronic Options for Lithium-Ion Batteries 17. Safety of Commercial Lithium-Ion Cells and Batteries 18. Safety of Lithium-Ion Batteries 19. Lithium-Ion Cell Components and Their Effect on High-Power Battery Safety 20. Thermal Stability of Materials in Lithium-Ion Cells 21. Lithium-Ion Battery Environmental Impacts 22. Recycling of Traction Batteries as a Challenge and Chance for Future Lithium Availability 23. Manufacturers, Materials and Recycling Technologies 24. The Lithium-Ion Battery Value Chain-Status, Trends and Implications 25. Thermodynamics of Lithium-Ion Batteries