The letter's mission is to provide clients the benefits from a reliable range of tangibles - daily reports that include a 'game plan' on how to approach each trading day, commentary and analysis illustrating key supply/demand factors driving energy prices, and long-range price forecasts.
The Schork Report presents an objective view of the most needed information in an easy-to-read format - providing comprehensive technical and fundamental daily views of the energy cash and financial markets
The reliability of The Schork Report's 'Trading Bias' demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the energy markets and technical expertise to determine complex correlations between cost drivers and price action. Subscribers value the marketable edge provided by the cross-commodity correlations in the daily commentary.
Clients of The Schork Report represent the largest and most influential energy traders, financial institutions, hedge funds, producers, and end-users in the world. This cross-section of each market sector provides a unique perspective on both the supply and demand dynamics, which is used as the basis for daily commentary and analysis.
Key Feature and Benefits
- The Schork Report provides each client with a commercially oriented, marketable edge over the competition.
- The Schork Report analyzes the economic impact of geopolitical events on market activity to determine complex correlations between cost drivers and price action.
- The Schork Report identifies trading and hedging opportunities by alternately applying fundamental and technical strategies as determined by fluid economic indicators.
- The Schork Report integrates a vast array of information into a market view presented in a succinct format.
- Premier-Level subscriptions include telephone and email/IM access to editorial and trading staff to assist in the application of TSR's market expertise to your unique business requirements.
- Basic-level subscriptions include the daily report. Basic subscriptions can be purchased by following the link below.
- Enterprisewide license offer unlimited seat access. The Schork Report can be sent to individual recipients and/or the report can be automatically posted to your internal server for intranet access.
The team continuously monitors pricing relationships in global commodity markets including intra-commodity spreads (calendar spreads), inter-commodity spreads (spreads between related commodities), geographical price relationships, and basis price relationships (cash vs.. futures). Comprehensive databases are maintained recording historical and seasonal information, including the analysis of the behavior of a price series during given time intervals.
Each of the daily reports has a distinctive focus.
Monday: Commitment of Traders/Rig Counts
Tuesday: Economic Theory/Analysis of Geopolitical Events
Wednesday: Economic Theory/Analysis of Geopolitical Events
The Editor, Stephen Schork, was a proprietary floor trader (Local) in the New York Mercantile Exchange's energy complex.
Mr. Schork has more than 17 years experience in physical commodity and derivatives trading, risk systems modeling and structured commodity finance. For most of the 1990s, Mr. Schork was an Analyst with Glencore Ltd. and was a key player in Novarco Ltd., Marc Rich's last venture in the global energy trading arena.
Prior to launching TSR, Mr. Schork has spent the last four years developing mathematical models to present multi-year forecasts of energy prices used as a basis for hedging and trading activities at Conectiv Energy. Based on his proprietary fundamental and technical analysis techniques, Mr. Schork initiated a successful cross-commodity trading book that realized annual gross profit goals by the end of the second month of execution.
As a research analyst and trader, Mr. Schork is distinguished by his skill in identifying pricing inefficiencies in and among commodity markets.
- American Petroleum Institute
- Cambridge Energy Research Associates
- Commodity Floor Brokers and Traders Association
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Energy
- Edison Electric Institute
- Energy Information Administration
- Energy Intelligence Group
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Futures Industry Association
- International Petroleum Exchange
- Kansas City Board of Trade
- National Futures Association
- National Weather Service
- New York Mercantile Exchange
- North American Reliability Council
- Oil & Gas Journal
- Oil Career Professional Placement Services
- Oxford Princeton Programme
- Petroleum Marketers Association of America
- Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association