Thermal Insulation Handbook for the Oil and Gas Industries addresses relative design, materials, procedures, and standard installation necessities for various oil and gas infrastructure such as pipelines, subsea equipment, vessels, and tanks. With the continued increase in available natural gas ready to export - especially LNG - and the definition of "deepwater" changing every year, an understanding of thermal insulation is more critical than ever. This one-of-a-kind handbook helps oil and gas engineers ensure that their products are exporting safely and that the equipment's integrity is protected. Topics include:
- Design considerations and component selection, including newer materials such as cellular glass
- Methods to properly install the insulation material and notable inspection and safety considerations in accordance with applicable US and international standards, specifically designed for the oil and gas industry
- Calculations to make sure that every scenario is considered and requirements for size, composition, and packaging are met effectively
- Understand all appropriate, new and existing, insulation material properties as well as installation requirements
- Gain practical knowledge on factors affecting insulation efficiency, rules of thumb, and links to real-world case studies
- Maximize flow assurance safely and economically with critical calculations provided
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Design and Application of Thermal Insulation 2. Thermal Insulation Installations 3. Material Selection for Thermal Insulation 4. Cryogenic Insulation Systems for LNG Industries 5. Thermal Insulation for Offshore Installations in Deep Water
Alireza Bahadori, PhD, CEng, MIChemE, CPEng, MIEAust, RPEQ, NER is a research staff member in the School of Environment, Science and Engineering at Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW, Australia, and managing director and CEO of Australian Oil and Gas Services, Pty. Ltd. He received his PhD from Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia. During the past twenty years, Dr. Bahadori has held various process and petroleum engineering positions and was involved in many large-scale oil and gas projects. His multiple books have been published by multiple major publishers, including Elsevier. He is Chartered Engineer (CEng) and Chartered Member of Institution of Chemical Engineers, London, UK (MIChemE). Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) and Chartered Member of Institution of Engineers Australia, Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ), Registered Chartered Engineer of Engineering Council of United Kingdom and Engineers Australia's National Engineering Register (NER).