DON′T LET PROBLEM PEOPLE GET TO YOU!
Whether it′s a manager who keeps moving the goal posts, an uncooperative colleague, negative friend, or critical family member, some people are just plain hard to get along with.
Often, your immediate response is to shrink or sulk, become defensive or attack. But there are smarter moves to make when dealing with difficult people.
This book explains how to cope with a range of situations with difficult people and to focus on what you can change.
This book will help you to:
- Understand what makes difficult people tick and how best to handle them
- Learn ways to confidently stand up to others and resist the urge to attack back
- Develop strategies to calmly navigate emotionally–charged situations
- Deal with all kinds of difficult people hostile, manipulative and the impossible
- Know when to choose your battles, and when to walk away
Why let someone else′s bad attitude ruin your day? How to Deal With Difficult People arms you with all the tools and tactics you need to handle all kinds of people to make your life less stressful and a great deal easier.
Part One Dealing With Difficult People 1
1 Difficult People and Their Difficult Behaviour 3
2 Is It You? 17
3 Communicating With Difficult People 45
4 Standing Up to Difficult People 67
Part Two Putting It Into Practice 91
5 Dealing With Direct Hostility 93
6 Dealing With Indirect Hostility 117
7 Dealing With Passive People 143
Part Three When All Else Fails 161
8 Dealing With Impossible People 163
About the Author 189