Unpredictable, unwanted, and costly, oil and gas well fishing is not a typical practice for drilling, workover and completion projects, but roughly one in every five wells experience this intervention. To stay on top, The Guide to Oilwell Fishing Operations, Second Edition will keep fishing tool product managers, drilling managers and all other well intervention specialists keyed in to all the latest tools, techniques and rules of thumb critical to conventional and complex wellbore projects, such as extended reach horizontal wells, thru-tubing, and coiled tubing operations.
Strengthened with updated material and a new chapter on wellbore cleaning, The Guide to Oilwell Fishing Operations, Second Edition ensures that the life of the well will be saved no matter the unforeseen circumstances. Crucial aspects include:
- Enhancements with updated equipment, technology, and a new chapter on wellbore cleaning methods
- Additional input from worldwide service companies, providing a more comprehensive balance
- Remains the only all-inclusive guide exclusively devoted to fishing tools, techniques, and rules of thumb
- Remodeled with latest jars on the market, catch tools, and retrieving stuck packers with cutting technology
- Improved with information on methods such as sidetracking and plug-and-abandon operations
- Modernized with approaches and tactics on more advanced well projects such as high-angle deviated and horizontal wells and expandable casing technology to repair casing failure and leaks
1. Conventional Fishing 2. Communication and Avoiding Hazards 3. Economics of Fishing 4. Cardinal Rules of Fishing 5. Pipe Sticking 6. Determining Stuck Point 7. Parting the Pipe String 8. Catch Tools 9. Jarring Stuck Pipe or Tools 10. Washover Operations 11. Loose Junk Fishing 12. Mills and Rotary Shoes 13. Wireline Fishing 14. Retrieving Stuck Packers 15. Fishing in Cavities 16. Sidetracking Methods 17. Section and Pilot Milling 18. Repair of Casing Failures and Leaks 19. Fishing in High-Angle Deviated and Horizontal Wells 20. Plug-and-Abandon Operations 21. Miscellaneous Tools 22. Thru-Tubing Standard Tools 23. Thru-Tubing Fishing 24. Thru-Tubing Fishing Jars and Accelerators 25. Thru-Tubing Debris Catchers 26. Thru-Tubing Workover Motors 27. Thru-Tubing Milling 28. Thru-Tubing Underreaming 29. Coiled-Tubing Conveyed-Tubing and Drill Pipe Cutting 30. Thru-Tubing Impact Drilling 31. Precautionary Measures and Inspection 32. Major Service Providers 33. Downhole Video Cameras
Joe is the Vice President of Operations at NCS Energy Services, Inc. An executive leader with 20-plus years of experience, he started in the fishing tool business as a shop foreman and worked his way through tool operator, assistant manager, district manager, and regional operations manager. He has worked in several international locations such as Egypt, Singapore and Australia for Baker Oil Tools as well as many other industry-leading companies. He holds one co-patent for downhole vibration technology and other application in progress. He has presented papers with SPE and other organization along with co-authoring articles for trade journals.