Advances in Marine Biology has been providing in-depth and up-to-date reviews on all aspects of marine biology since 1963--over 40 years of outstanding coverage! The series is well known for its excellent reviews and editing. Now edited by Michael Lesser (University of New Hampshire, USA) with an internationally renowned Editorial Board, the serial publishes in-depth and up-to-date content on many topics that will appeal to postgraduates and researchers in marine biology, fisheries science, ecology, zoology, and biological oceanography. Volumes cover all areas of marine science, both applied and basic, a wide range of topical areas from all areas of marine ecology, oceanography, fisheries management and molecular biology and the full range of geographic areas from polar seas to tropical coral reefs.
This volume, with an introduction by Ray Hilborn, will present the latest views on the use of MPAs or Marine Managed Areas for fisheries management. It will contain a wide range of case studies including the Chagos archipelago, South Georgia, the Caribbean, the North Sea, Florida, Hawaii, Great Barrier Reef, California, Mediterraneanand the Phoenix Islands Protected Area. It is the intention of the editors that the volume presents a series of evidence based rather than advocacy driven contemporary reviews.
- AMB volumes solicit and publish review articles on the latest advances in marine biology
- Many of the authors of these review articles are the leading figures in their field of study and the material is widely used by managers, students and academic professionals in the marine sciences
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- South Georgia and The South Sandwich Islands
A Biodiverse Oceanic Island Chain Situated in the Flow of the Antarctic Circumpolar Current
Philip N. Trathan, Martin A. Collins, Susie M. Grant, Mark Belchier, David K.A. Barnes, Judith Brown and Iain J. Staniland
- The Creation of the Chagos Marine Protected Area: A Fisheries Perspective
Richard P. Dunne, Nicholas V. C. Polunin, Peter H. Sand and Magnus L. Johnson
- Marine Managed Areas and Associated Fisheries in the US Caribbean
Michelle T. Schärer-Umpierre., Daniel Mateos-Molina, Richard Appeldoorn, Ivonne Bejarano, Edwin A. Hernández-Delgado, Richard Nemeth, Michael Nemeth, Manuel Valdés-Pizzini and Tyler B. Smith
- Understanding the Scale of Marine Protection in Hawai'i: From Community-Based Management to the Remote Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Alan M. Friedlander,Kostantinos A. Stamoulis, John N. Kittinger, Jeffrey C. Drazen and Brian N. Tissot
- Marine protected area networks in California, USA
Louis W. Botsford, J. Wilson White, Mark H. Carr and Jennifer E. Caselle
- Inadequate Evaluation and Management of Threats in Australia's Marine Parks, including the Great Barrier Reef, Misdirect Marine Conservation
Bob Kearney and Graham Farebrother
- Establishment, Management, and Maintenance of the Phoenix Islands Protected Area
Randi Rotjan, Regen Jamieson, Ben Carr, Les Kaufman, Sangeeta Mangubhai, David Obura, Ray Pierce, Betarim Rimon, Bud Ris, Stuart Sandin, Peter Shelley, Rashid Sumaila, Sue Taei, Heather Tausig, Tukabu Teroroko, Simon Thorrold, Brooke Wikgren, Teuea Toatu and Greg Stone
- Diverging Strategies to Planning an Ecologically Coherent Network of MPAs in the North Sea: The Roles of Advocacy, Evidence, and Pragmatism in the Face of Uncertainty
Alex J. Caveen, Clare Fitzsimmons, Margherita Pieraccini, Euan Dunn, Christopher J. Sweeting, Magnus L. Johnson, Helen Bloomfield, Estelle V. Jones, Paula Lightfoot, Tim S. Gray, Selina M. Stead and Nicholas V.C. Polunin
- Spatial Management of Fisheries in the Mediterranean Sea: Problematic Issues and A Few Success Stories Carlo Pipitone, Fabio Badalamenti, Tomás Vega Fernández and Giovanni D'Anna