Fully revised and updated, the report provides details of bioinformatic deals from 2016 to 2023.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter bioinformatic deals. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
The report includes collaboration, development, research and licensing deals.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of 1179 bioinformatic deals announced since 2016 including financial terms where available including links to online deal records of actual bioinformatic partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of bioinformatic dealmaking.
Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report.
Chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in bioinformatic dealmaking since 2016.
Chapter 3 provides an overview of the leading bioinformatic deals since 2016. Deals are listed by headline value.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in bioinformatic dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of bioinformatic deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of bioinformatic deals signed and announced since Jan 2016, where a contract document is available in the public domain.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of bioinformatic partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2016. The chapter is organized by specific bioinformatic technology type in focus.
The report also includes numerous table and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in bioinformatic deal making since 2016.
In addition, a comprehensive deal directory is provided organized by company A-Z, deal type and therapeutic target. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Bioinformatic Collaboration and Licensing Deals provides the reader with the following key benefits:• Understand deal trends since 2016
• Browse bioinformatic collaboration and licensing deals
• Benchmark analysis - identify market value of transactions
• Financials terms - upfront, milestone, royalties
• Directory of deals by company A-Z, deal type and therapy area
• Leading deals by value
• Most active dealmakers
• Identify assets and deal terms for each transaction
• Access contract documents - insights into deal structures
• Due diligence - assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
• Save hundreds of hours of research time
Report scopeBioinformatic Collaboration and Licensing Deals is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding of bioinformatic trends and structure of deals entered into by leading biopharma companies worldwide.
Bioinformatic Collaboration and Licensing Deals includes:• Trends in bioinformatic dealmaking in the biopharma industry
• Directory of bioinformatic deal records covering pharmaceutical and biotechnology
• The leading bioinformatic deals by value
• Most active bioinformatic licensing dealmakers
Bioinformatic Collaboration and Licensing Deals provides comprehensive access to available records for deals, including contract documents where available.
Analyzing contract agreements allows due diligence of:• What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
• What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
• What exclusivity is granted?
• What is the payment structure for the deal?
• How are sales and payments audited?
• What is the deal term?
• How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
• How are IPRs handled and owned?
• Who is responsible for commercialization?
• Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
• How is confidentiality and publication managed?
• How are disputes to be resolved?
• Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
• What happens when there is a change of ownership?
• What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
• Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
• Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
• Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Table of Contents
2.2. Bioinformatic deals over the years
2.3. Most active bioinformatic dealmakers
2.4. Bioinformatic deals by deal type
2.5. Bioinformatic deals by therapy area
2.6. Bioinformatic deals by industry sector
2.7. Deal terms for bioinformatic deals
2.7.1 Bioinformatic deals headline values
2.7.2 Bioinformatic deal upfront payments
2.7.3 Bioinformatic deal milestone payments
2.7.4 Bioinformatic royalty rates
3.2. Top bioinformatic deals by value
4.2. Most active bioinformatic dealmakers
4.3. Most active bioinformatic deals company profiles
5.2. Bioinformatic contracts dealmaking directory
Deal directory - Bioinformatic deals by deal type
Deal directory - Bioinformatic deals by therapy area
Deal type definitions
Figure 2: Active bioinformatic dealmaking activity - 2016 - 2023
Figure 3: Bioinformatic deals by deal type since 2016
Figure 4: Bioinformatic deals by therapy area since 2016
Figure 5: Bioinformatic deals by industry sector since 2016
Figure 6: Bioinformatic deals with a headline value
Figure 7: Bioinformatic deals with an upfront value
Figure 8: Bioinformatic deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Bioinformatic deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 10: Top bioinformatic deals by value since 2016
Figure 11: Most active bioinformatic dealmakers 2016 - 2023
Figure 12: Bioinformatic deals by technology type since 2016
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- 3B Medical
- 3D Signatures
- 3D Systems
- 4HF Biotec
- 10X Genomics
- A2A Pharmaceuticals
- A3 Informatics
- Abbott Laboratories
- Abramson Cancer Center
- Academic Medical Center
- Accelerated Enrollment Solutions
- AccessDx Laboratory
- Acentrus Specialty
- Achilles Therapeutics
- Active Motif
- Acumen Analytics
- Adapt Analytics
- Adaptive Biotechnologies
- Adaptive Research
- ADAS 3D Medical
- Adhera Therapeutics
- Aditx Therapeutics
- Advanced Biological Laboratories
- Advanced Clinical
- Advanced Guidance Technologies
- Advanced Radiation Therapy
- Advocate Health Care
- Aetos Pharma
- Agadia Systems
- Agilent Technologies
- AG Mednet
- Aiforia Technologies
- AIT Laboratories
- Akili Interactive Labs
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Alex Therapeutics
- Alibaba Health
- Alira Health
- Alit Life Science
- Alliance for Clinical Research Excellence and Safety (ACRES)
- Alliance For Clinical Trials In Oncology
- Allosteric Bioscience
- Allotrope Foundation
- AllyAlign Health
- Almac Group
- ALS Association
- AltMed Florida
- Alto Neuroscience
- Alvarado Hospital Medical Center
- Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation
- Amazon Web Services
- Amber Pharmacy
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Cancer Society
- American College of Cardiology
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- American National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- American Sleep Apnea Association
- American Society of Hematology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
- American Well
- Amici Pharmaceuticals
- Amylyx Pharmaceuticals
- Analytical BioSciences
- Andelyn Biosciences
- Andor Technology
- Andrew Alliance
- Anju Software
- Annum Health
- ANP Technologies
- AO Foundation
- Apollo Health
- Apollo Healthcare
- Appian Labs
- Applied BioMath
- Applied DNA Sciences
- Appriss Health
- Apricity Health
- Aprima Medical Software
- Aptar Pharma
- Arbor Biotechnologies
- ARCA Biopharma
- Arc Bio
- Ares Genetics
- Argent Development Group
- Ariana Pharma
- Aris Global
- Ascensia Diabetes Care
- ASH Research Collaborative
- Aspen Imaging Healthcare
- Astellas Pharma
- Audaire Health
- Aural Analytics
- Auria Biobank
- Autism Learning Partners
- Automation Anywhere
- Avalere Health
- Avera Health
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.