No other reference work provides such a comprehensive and accessible treatment of this subject from historical and contemporary points of view.
- 400 A-Z articles in 1100 pages, spanning 2 volumes
- Articles range from 250 - 5000 word essays
- 200 black & white and colour illustrations and maps.
- This is the only accessible, yet comprehensive, reference on Islam and the Muslim world
- The global conflicts involving Muslim countries and communities demonstrate the ever-increasing need for information and understanding on this subject.
- Essay from expert contributors drawn from around the world
- Appendices contain: timeline of Islam and genealogy charts to put events and people in context
- Short definitions, biographies, and essays examine the interconnectivity of the social, economic, political, and religious institutions
- Bibliographic sources open up a world of continued learning
- Fully cross-referenced to help explore related topics.