This comprehensive overview of research and clinical practice in PTSD includes new insights into assessment with regard to DSM-5 and ICD-11, discussion of ongoing controversies in the field as to what constitutes safe and effective care, and new research as to assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of PTSD. The second edition includes new coverage of the neurobiology of PTSD, PTSD in special populations, and forensic issues relating to PTSD.
- Synthesizes research and clinical developments on PTSD
- Highlights key controversies, issues, and developments in the field
- Provides case studies for better understanding of clinical care
- Encompasses DSM-5 and ICD-11 major revisions to PTSD symptoms
- Includes new coverage of neurobiology and genetics of PTSD
- Includes advances in prevention and treatment of PTSD
- Includes new coverage of forensic issues related to PTSD
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Understanding Psychological Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
2. The Impact of Psychological Trauma
3. Etiology of PTSD: What Causes PTSD?
4. Epidemiology of PTSD
5. Neurobiology of Traumatic Stress Disorders and Their Impact on Physical Health
6. Assessment of Psychological Trauma and Traumatic Stress Disorders
7. Treatment of Adults with PTSD
8. Treatment of Children and Adolescents with PTSD
9. Prevention of PTSD
10. Forensic Issues in the Traumatic Stress Field
11. Social, Cultural and other Diversity Issues in the Traumatic Stress Field
12. Careers and Ethical Issues in the Traumatic Stress Field