Lighting fixtures exports and imports are considered, broken down by country and by geographical area of destination/origin (total lighting, only lighting fixtures, only lighting components). The time frame considered is 2011-2016.
The lighting fixtures market is divided in four main segments:
Within them, the market is further broken down by types of product and application, by light sources (incandescence, fluorescence, gas discharge, LEDs, OLED, fiber optics), and by the place of production. A financial analysis, on a sample of selected number of companies operating in the market, includes profitability ratios and their turnover per employee is also included.
Data on consumer/residential lighting are broken down by style (traditional, modern, design) and by product type (floor, table, wall and ceiling lamps, embedded lighting, chandeliers and suspensions), while data on commercial lighting are broken down by kind of product (downlights/recessed, tubes/tracks/systems, floor and table lighting for commercial spaces, wall washers, LED panels, linear lighting and strips, chandeliers and suspensions for commercial spaces, projectors/spotlights) and application (hospitality, office, retail, art and museums, entertainment, schools, airports and other big infrastructures). Industrial lighting consists of lighting for industrial sites, healthcare lighting, weather resistant and explosion-proof lighting, emergency lighting, marine lighting. Outdoor lighting includes residential outdoor lighting, lighting for urban landscape, lighting for streets and major roads, area/campus lighting, lighting for tunnels and galleries, Christmas and special events lighting.
The analysis of the distribution system is organized by the following channels:
Lifestyle stores (Furniture stores/chains and department Stores)
A selection of leading e-commerce players, architectural offices and lighting designers operating in China is also included.
Finally, the report offers an analysis of the leading local and foreign players present on the Chinese market and in each segment considered; through sales data, market shares and short profiles.
An address list of more than 300 local and foreign lighting fixtures manufacturer active in China is included.
Research tools and methodological notes; Terminology; Other reports in the lighting industry
2. Basic Data and activity trend
Lighting fixtures production, consumption and international trade: total and by market segment. Data available in USD and RMB. The time frame considered is 2011-2016
3. International Trade
- Exports and imports of lighting fixtures by country and geographical area of destination/origin (Total lighting, only lighting fixtures, only lighting components)
- Six major exporting and importing countries of lighting fixtures. Data 2011-2016
4. Supply structure
- Lighting fixtures breakdown by light sources (incandescence, fluorescence, gas discharge, LEDs, OLED, fiber optics): total and by market segment.
- Focus on LED lighting: LED lighting fixtures production and consumption, 2011-2016. Data available in USD and RMB. Suppliers of LED package
- Employment and productivity. Main manufacturing clusters. Financial data
- Breakdown of lighting fixtures production by the four main segments (residential-consumer, commercial, industrial, outdoor lighting), by style, product type and application.
Analysis of the distribution system organized by the following channels (Direct sales/contract, Lighting specialists retailers, Furniture stores, chains, department stores, Wholesalers, DIY/Hypermarkets, E-commerce). Leading E-commerce players. Focus on furniture chains (selling also lighting fixtures), DIY and Department stores. Selection of leading architects, interior design studios and lighting designers operating in China. Reference prices. Fairs and Associations
6. Competitive system
- Total lighting fixtures production and market shares of 60 among the leading Chinese companies. Lighting fixtures sales in China and market shares of 60 among the leading local and international companies
- For each of the four market segments considered in the report: data on lighting fixtures production and market shares of 60 among the leading Chinese companies; lighting fixtures sales in China and market shares of 60 among the leading local and international companies.
- Technical lighting (commercial, industrial, outdoor) is broken down also by application.
- Lighting fixtures exports and market shares by Region of destination in selected Chinese companies (Asia and Pacific, Europe, Americas, Middle East and Africa)
- Lighting fixtures sales in China and market shares of 60 among the leading foreign companies
- Main players in the LED lighting segment
7. Demand drivers
Macroeconomic Data (Country indicators). Population and urbanization process. Construction sector and real estate. The retail segment. Infrastructures. Demand and key players for the Hospitality segment
Appendix: list of companies
During the 2011-2016 period, Chinese consumption of lighting fixtures has increased at a yearly average rate of 5.8% in USD (+6.3% in RMB). Consumer lighting and commercial indoor registered a slightly higher performance, in comparison with industrial and outdoor lighting.
Consumption of lighting fixtures in China during 2016 increased by 3% in USD (9% in local currency), and today is around USD 16.7 billion (RMB 111 billion).
The United States is by far the main destination market for Chinese export of complete lighting fixtures, with a stable share (27%-28%) on the total figure. In value, around 3 billion USD in the 2011-2012 period, nine billion USD in 2015, less than 8 billion USD in 2016.
LED based lighting fixtures manufactured in China were worth around USD 2.6 billion in 2010 and USD 26 billion in 2016. Growth has been around by 60% per year from 2010 to 2014, over 30% for 2015 and almost 10% in 2016.
Top 60 listed players hold around 20% of the Chinese production of lighting fixtures, according to CSIL estimates. Their aggregated turnover increased by an estimated 2% in 2016. Smaller companies registered a decrease.
- CH Lighting
- Cooper by Eaton
- CX Lighting
- ELX Lighting
- Inesa Feilo
- Kang Mingsheng
- Konka Green
- Light Cibles
- Pak Electrical
- W2 Architects