The 27th edition of this Report The European market for kitchen furniture, Part I offers an accurate comprehensive picture of the kitchen furniture industry in 17 EU countries, providing data and 2011-2016 trends (both in value and in volume) in kitchen furniture production and consumption, imports and exports, at European level as a whole and for each country considered, for the total sector and by price range (six price group). Marketing policies, main macroeconomic variables necessary to analyze the performance of the sector for the last 6 years, analysis of the supply structure and the competitive system, overview of the distribution system, are also provided. The value and weight of the built-in appliances on kitchen furniture supply is further considered.
European Union 15 Countries (before Enlargement of May 2004) plus Norway and Switzerland.
The countries were divided into four areas according their geographical proximity and similarity in market characteristics:
- Northern Europe (Nordics): Denmark (DK), Finland (FI), Norway (NO) and Sweden (SE);
- Western Europe: Belgium+ Luxembourg (BE), France (FR), Ireland (IE), the Netherlands (NL) and the United Kingdom (UK).
- Central Europe (DACH): Austria (AT), Germany (DE) and Switzerland (CH);
- Southern Europe: Greece (GR), Italy (IT), Portugal (PT) and Spain (ES);
kitchen furniture exports and imports in the 17 Western European Countries considered, broken down by country and by geographical area of destination/origin. The time frame considered is 2011-2016.
A financial analysis, on a sample of over 100 selected European kitchen furniture manufacturers, of their main profitability ratios (ROA, ROE and EBITDA indices) and their turnover per employee.
Analysis of the types of product manufactured by the European kitchen furniture manufacturers and information on key players operating in each segment. Kitchen furniture production is broken down by:
- cabinet door material (solid wood, veneer, laminated, decorative papers, thermoplastic foils, lacquered, melamine, aluminium and glass)
- cabinet door style (classic, rustic, modern, basic, design, hi-tech)
- cabinet door colour (white, bright colours, neutral colours)
- lacquered cabinet door type (high gloss, opaque)
- worktop material (solid surface materials, engineered and natural stone, laminated, wood, tiles, steel and glass)
- price range (Luxury, Upper, Upper-Middle, Middle, Middle-Low, Low).
Overview of the main distribution channels active on the European kitchen furniture market at European level as a whole and for each country considered. The analysis of the distribution system covers the following channels:
- Kitchen specialists
- Furniture retailers
- Large furniture chains
- Building trade
- DIY stores
- Direct sales
Analysis of the leading local and foreign players present in each price range segment and in each European country considered. Via detailed tables are shown sales data and market shares of the top kitchen furniture companies and short profiles of the main players in the kitchen furniture industry are also available. In the end of this chapter, also a focus on European kitchen furniture exports and market shares outside EU17 countries, by area of destination (Central-Eastern Europe and Russia, Middle East, Asia and Pacific, North and Latin America).
An address list of around 250 European kitchen furniture companies is included.
Contents of the Report; Research tools and methodological notes; Terminology; Other CSIL reports in the kitchen furniture industry
2. Basic data
Kitchen furniture production, consumption, exports and imports for EU17 countries in values and volumes
Breakdown of kitchen furniture production and consumption by market segment, in values and volumes, at European level as a whole and for each country considered
3. Activity trend, 2011-2016
Kitchen furniture production, international trade and consumption and main macroeconomic indicators, 2011-2016, for EU17 countries
Projection of selected country indicators for 2017 and 2018, at European level as a whole and for each country considered
4. International trade, 2011-2016
Exports and imports of kitchen furniture by country and by geographical area of destination, 2011-2016, for EU17 countries
5. Financial analysis
Main profitability ratios (ROA, ROE and EBITDA indices) and turnover per employee for a sample of selected European kitchen furniture manufacturers
6. Supply structure
Analysis of the kitchen furniture production broken down by:
- cabinet door material
- cabinet door style
- cabinet door colour
- lacquered cabinet door type
- worktop material
- price range
7. Distribution channels
Overview of the main distribution channels active on the European kitchen furniture market, at European level as a whole and for each country considered
8. The competitive system
Total production of kitchen furniture (at market prices) for a sample of 50 European companies: sales data, market shares and short profiles
The European competitive system by market segment: luxury, upper, middle-upper, middle, middle-low, low price range
The European competitive system for each of the 17 European countries analyzed
Focus on European kitchen furniture exports and market shares outside EU17 countries, by area of destination
Address list of around 250 European kitchen furniture companies
- Consumption of kitchen furniture in EU17 amounts to approximately 5.4 million units (+5%) for the year 2016, for a market value of about 12.6 billion Eur (a 2.5% increase in comparison to 2015). After Germany, UK is the second main market. Italy and France in sized equal approximately the size of the German market.
- 0.7 million kitchens are imported (the 0.6 million units difference between export and import volume of kitchens is approximately the amount of European kitchens sold to Middle East, Russia, China, India and the United States).
- The major national exporter market is Germany by far (1,9 billion Eur), followed by Italy (750 million), Denmark and Spain.
- Average EBITDA for European manufacturers of kitchen furniture is over 6%.
- During the analyzed period kitchen specialists increased their share in France, Germany, United Kingdom and Italy
- In 2016, top five players hold more than 35% of the entire production of kitchen furniture.
- Among the country leaders: Nobilia and Schuller in Germany, Lube and Scavolini in Italy, Top Form and Xey in Spain, Nobia and Ballingslov in the Nordics, Schmidt and Fournier in France.
- Arredo 3
- DAN Küchen
- De Keyzer
- Der Kreis
- Doca Cocina
- Èggo Kitchen
- Howdens Joinery
- Infer Cocinas
- Kankarin Kaluste
- La Cour
- Masterclass Kitchens
- Menuiseries du Centre
- Mob Cozinhas
- Mondo Convenienza
- Moores Furniture
- Nordic Kitchen
- Record è Cucine
- Réma You
- TCM Group
- Team 7
- Top Form
- Turi Gruppo