What is Near Field Communication?
Near Field Communication (NFC) is a wireless communication standard, which enables devices in close proximity that is below 10 centimeters, to communicate through radio waves in the 13.56 MHz frequency range. The data transfer rate may vary from 106 Kbit/s to 424 Kbit/s. NFC is also known as short-range wireless connectivity and induces magnetic field that enable communication between the devices.
NFC is cost-effective and has been explored from sharing data, to commanding devices and making e-payments by interacting with other NFC enabled device or programmed NFC tags.
NFC enabled devices uses a cryptographic processor to facilitate transaction with authentication and security, and provides secure memory for storing applications and credentials.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of Near Field Communication market in Healthcare by applications, by products and geography.
What are the major applications for Near Field Communication in Healthcare?
The major applications of Near Field Communication in Healthcare are employee access gaining, patient check-in and check-out, prescription content, based payment, employee visitation, inventory and wrist band. Hence, near field communication technology in healthcare improves patient’s identification by eliminating paper based documentation work and increases automation and efficiency and decreases manual work. It also helps patients in reducing the burden of carrying heavy files during frequent check-ups, they can simply carry their smart tag and update it every time the health checkup is performed. Therefore, the deployment of this technology enables the various advantages and opportunities to the healthcare sector as it provides efficiency and accurate as well as reliable source of data.
Market Research and Market Trends of Near Field Communication
Medical professionals uses NFC tags to access patients information with respect to diagnosis, treatments medical history and so on; It also keep track of every ‘entrance and exit’ of nurse and doctor to particular patient
One of the recent trend is that NFC is used in Pakistan to study pneumonia in children and NFC is not only capable enough to track the details of patients in low resource, but also in highly regulated areas.
One of key trends which has led to the growth of the HVAC sensors is the increasing development of Building Energy Management System.
NFC technology which is a low-power, peer-to-peer data transport technology is being used in Samsung Galaxy smartphone commercials in which the users will tap their phones together for the means transferring data like music and video.
NFC has growing opportunities for health care sector in the future. As, smartphone tap-to-authenticate features has become an important part of mobile health devices, which will also validate health care providers in order to interact with health IT systems.
Who are the Major Players of Near Field Communication market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes NXP Semiconductors (Netherlands), Gentag Inc. (U.S), Omron Corporation (Japan), Intel Corporation (U.S) and Texas Instruments Incorporated (U.S).
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1.1. Share Of Key Vendors For NFC Patents, 2012
1.2. Share Of Key Applications In NFC Market, 2012
1.3. Geographical Split For NFC Market, 2012
2. Executive Summary
3. Global NFC In Healthcare – Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. NFC Market Evolution
3.3. Comparative Analysis
3.3.1. Product Benchmarking
3.3.2. End user profiling
3.3.3. Patent Analysis
3.3.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Global NFC In Healthcare – Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the NFC In Healthcare Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Global NFC In Healthcare Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Near Field Communications In Healthcare Market - By Healthcare Segments (2012-2020)
6.1. Market Overview And Trends
6.2. Pharmaceuticals And Biotechnology
6.2.1. Patient Compliance
6.2.2. Product Authentication
6.3. Medical Devices
6.3.1. Patient Monitoring
18.104.22.168. Disease Management Devices
22.214.171.124. Blood Pressure Monitors
126.96.36.199. Glucose Monitors
188.8.131.52. Basal Thermometers
6.3.2. Activity Monitoring Devices
184.108.40.206. Weighing Scale And Body Composition
6.3.3. Medical Imaging
6.4. Medical Implants
6.5. Hospital and Diagnostics
6.5.1. Patient Location
6.5.2. Asset Management (Staff and Equipments)
6.5.3. Emergency Connectivity
7. Near Field Communications In Healthcare Market
7.2. Market Segmentation
7.3. Medical Imaging
7.4. Patient Monitoring
7.6. Medical Implants
7.7. Hospital And Diagnostics
8. Global Near Field Communication Healthcare Market Share - By Region (2012-2020)
8.1. High Growth Regions For NFC In Healthcare
8.2. Emerging Economies
8.3. North America
8.6. New Geographies Identifying NFC Services
9. Near Field Communication in Healthcare Market Entropy
9.1. New Product Launches
9.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
10. Investment Opportunities – Analysis by Target companies/customers, Capital Investments, ROI, Payback Period and Source of Funds.
10.1.1. Collaboration and Partnerships
10.1.2. Product Pipeline Analysis and Commercialized Products
10.2.Healthcare Initiatives In NFC Healthcare
10.2.1. Country Wise
10.2.2. Product Segment Wise
10.2.3. Company Wise
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
11.1.Major Vendors For NFC Tags/Chips
11.1.1. NXP Semiconductors
11.1.2. Inside Secure
11.1.5. Texas Instruments
11.2. Major Healthcare Product Manufacturers
11.2.1. A&D Company
11.2.3. Impack Health
11.2.4. Omron Healthcare
*More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights