Integrated Management of Salt Affected Soils in Agriculture is a concise guide to evaluating and addressing soil issues related to saline content. Methods focused, the book combines agricultural and soil-based insights to efficiently remediate salt-affected soil.
Environmental stress conditions such as salinity have a devastating impact on plant growth and yield, causing considerable loss to agricultural production worldwide. Soil salinity control prevents soil degradation by salinization and reclaim already saline soils. This book will help develop the proper management procedures, to solve problems of crop production on salt-affected soils.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Table of Contents
1. Salt affected soil definition and types
2. Features, Nature and distribution of salt affected soils
3. Soils salinization and sodification factors
4. Effect of salinity on soil microorganisms, plant growth and yield
5. Management and rehabilitation of salt-affected soils
6. Crop management on salt-affected soils
7. Mineral and organic amendments of salt affected soils
8. Genetic engineering and economic aspects
Summary and Conclusions