Kazakhstan is the largest and the most advanced B2C E-Commerce market in the emerging region of Central Asia and Caucasus, with triple-digit sales figures in millions of U.S. dollars, as revealed in the report. Still, B2C E-Commerce accounts for less than 2% of total retail sales in the country, indicating significant room for growth. Among the growth drivers are the increasing Internet penetration, reaching over 50% of the population in 2014, and growing interest in online shopping, especially among the young population.
One of the challenges to the B2C E-Commerce market in Kazakhstan is the dominance of cash on delivery as the payment method. Close to half of online shoppers used this method to pay for purchases made over the Internet in 2014. Nevertheless, online payment with bank cards is growing, accounting for one-fifth of all bank card payments by mid-2015. Clothing, cosmetics and food were among the product categories most purchased online in Kazakhstan last year, while the largest average purchase was attributed to the travel category.
Three out of the top five online shops outside the online travel sector in Kazakhstan are foreign-based, including Lamoda and Wildberries, both specialized in clothing and based in Russia, and Germany-based Otto Group which operates a number of online stores in Kazakhstan. However, in the past two years the share of local online shops in overall B2C E-Commerce sales more than doubled, according to the report. Among the local outlets, electronics retailer Arena S ranked in the top five by online sales, while one of the largest Internet holdings, the Chocofamily Holding, also based in Kazakhstan, saw rapid growth of its online shopping platforms.
Key Questions Answered:
- What is the size of the B2C E-Commerce market in Kazakhstan and what are its growth prospects?
- Which trends are prominent in B2C E-Commerce in this country?
- Which product categories are most purchased by online shoppers in Kazakhstan?
- Who are the leading B2C E-Commerce players there?
* Please Note - the site license and global site license prices for this report are restricted to ten users each, in line with the suppliers pricing options.
- B2C E-Commerce Market Overview and International Comparisons, November 2015
- Overview of B2C E-Commerce Trends, November 2015
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Payments with Bank Cards, by Kazakh Online Shops and Foreign Online Shops, in %, 2012 & 2014
- Perceived Barriers and Advantages of E-Commerce, in % of Internet Users, 2014
4. Sales & Shares
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD million, 2012, 2013 & 2017f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, 2014
5. Users & Shoppers
- Internet Penetration, in % of Individuals, 2010 - 2014
- Breakdown of Internet Users, by Age Group and Gender, in %, July 2015
- Breakdown of Main Purposes of Internet Usage, incl. “Buying and Selling Goods and Services”, in % of Internet Users, 2013 & 2014
- Breakdown of Online Shoppers, by Age Group, in %, 2014
- Product Categories Purchased Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2013 & 2014
- Average Check in B2C E-Commerce, in USD, by Product Category, 2014
- Breakdown of Payment Methods Used in Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, 2013 & 2014
- Number and Value of Online Payment Transactions with Bank Cards, in thousands and in KZT million, and Share of Total Bank Card Payments Number and Value, in %, September 2014 - July 2015
- Overview of Top 10 Online Payment Processing Systems, Ranked by Revenue, September 2015
- Share of B2C E-Commerce Deliveries of Total Small Parcel Deliveries Made by Post, in % and in millions, 2014
- Overview of E-Commerce Players, November 2015
- Overview of Top 10 B2C E-Commerce Companies, Ranked by Revenue, 2014