What is Biodiesel?
Biodiesel is made from renewable feedstock such as vegetable oils, animal fats, and others by using a chemical process called Transesterification, which converts oil and fats into fatty acid methyl esters. It is used as a replacement for petroleum diesel fuel, or can be mixed with petroleum diesel fuel with other proportion. Biodiesel is capable to reduce exhaust emission as compared to petroleum diesel fuel. It is majorly used in Automotive, Aviation, Industrial, Marine, Agriculture and Mining.
What are the major applications for Biodiesel?
The various end users assessed include Automotive, Power generation, Residential and commercial heating, Mining, Agriculture and Aviation Industries. It is used in aviation because biodiesel can reduce the emission of carbon dioxide by the aviation industry. It is also used in different commercial flights and military defense aircrafts. Biodiesel is used in marine industry also as it is a good material as shipping fuel, being biodegradable, non-toxic and essentially free of sulphur and aromatics. Biodiesel are used as a replacement for standard heating oil (kerosene) in oil fired heating boilers for both domestic and commercial applications. Biodiesel provides an opportunity for farmers to create demand for the crops they grow through on farm use. Farmers recognize that biodiesel is a high quality product to use in their farm equipment.
Market Research and Market Trends of Biodiesel
- The California Air Resource Board (CARB) has certified a biodiesel additive that will make B20 blends, the cleanest and diesel fuel with the lowest emissions profile in the US. The additive reduces every measurable regulated emission in biodiesel, including nitrogen oxides, when blended with California's unique diesel formulation called CARB diesel.
- Plant oils are being converted into biofuel by researchers so that they become suitable for use in standard diesel engines, but a significant proportion of the fuel is burned to carry out the refining. By using a combination of three catalysts scientists in Germany have found a way to transform chemicals derived from plants into a biodiesel that meets the boiling characteristics required by the EN 590 standard set by the European Committee for Standardization and for commercial diesel sold in the EU they have been able to blend rapeseed oil methyl ester (RME) - a common raw material for making biofuels - and ethylene into a fuel with the same boiling profile as petro diesel.
Who are the Major Players in Gallium Nitride market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Neste corporation, Renewable Energy group Inc., Solazyme Inc., Renewable Biofuels Inc. and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Please Note: The report is to be delivered in 1-2 working days after an order is placed.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Biodiesel Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Biodiesel Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Biodiesel Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Biodiesel Market - Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Biodiesel Market – By Blend (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
7. Biodiesel Market – By Source (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.2. Vegetable oil
7.2.1. Edible oil
220.127.116.11. Palm Oil
18.104.22.168. Soy bean
7.2.2. Non Edible oil
22.214.171.124. Jatropha Curcas
126.96.36.199. Castor Oil
7.3. Animal fat
7.3.1. Sheep Tallow
7.3.2. Pork Lard
7.4.1. Starch Based
7.4.2. Sugar Based
8. Biodiesel Market – By Production Technology (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Conventional Alcohol Trans-esterification
8.3. Hydro Heating
9. Biodiesel – By End Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
9.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
9.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
188.8.131.52. On – Road Vehicles
184.108.40.206.1. Heavy Duty Vehicles
220.127.116.11.2. Medium Duty Vehicles
18.104.22.168.3. Light Duty Vehicles
22.214.171.124. Off – Road
126.96.36.199.1. Farm Machinery
188.8.131.52.2. Off Road Construction equipment
184.108.40.206.3. Mining equipment
220.127.116.11.4. Forestry equipment
18.104.22.168. Printing Inks
9.3.6. Residential & Commercial Heating
9.3.7. Power generation
10. Biodiesel - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Biodiesel Market - North America Segment Research
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. Biodiesel - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. Biodiesel - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. Biodiesel – APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
11. Biodiesel Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. Biodiesel Market Company Analysis
12.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
12.2. Neste corporation
12.3. Renewable Energy group Inc
12.4. Solazyme Inc
12.5. Renewable Biofuels Inc
13. Biodiesel Market - Appendix
14. Biodiesel Market - Methodology
14.1. Research Methodology
14.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
14.1.2. Industry Databases
14.1.4. Company News
14.1.5. Company Annual Reports
14.1.6. Application Trends
14.1.7. New Products and Product database
14.1.8. Company Transcripts
14.1.9. R&D Trends
14.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
14.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends