Biomass Supply Chains for Bioenergy and Biorefining considers every aspect of these supply chains, including their design, management, socioeconomic, and environmental impacts. The first part of the book introduces supply chains, biomass feedstocks, and their analysis, while the second part looks at the harvesting, handling, storage, and transportation of biomass. The third part studies the modeling of supply chains and their management, with the final section discussing, in minute detail, the supply chains involved in the production and usage of individual feedstocks, such as wood and sugar starches, oil crops, industrial biomass wastes, and municipal sewage stocks.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Part 1: Biomass resources, supply chains and markets
1. Introduction to biomass supply chains
2. Biomass feedstocks
3. Biomass resource assessment
4. Biomass supply, demand and markets
Part 2: Biomass harvesting, handling, storage and transportation
5. Biomass harvesting and collection
6. Biomass Storage
Part 3: Biomass and biofuel supply chain design and management
7. Biomass and biofuel supply chain modelling and optimization
8. Modeling of forest and wood residues supply chains for bioenergy and biofuel production
9. Socio-economic and environmental impacts of biomass and biofuel supply chains
Part 4: Particular biomass supply chains
10. Short rotation woody energy crop supply chains
11. Sugar and starch crop supply chains
12. Lignocellulosic crop supply chains (e.g. miscanthus, switchgrass, reed canary grass, rye, giant reed etc)
13. Grass crop supply chains
14. Algae biomass supply chains
15. Solving the woody supply chain for Ireland's expanding biomass sector: a case study
16. Manure and municipal sewage biomass supply chains
Dr Jens Bo Holm-Nielsen is Associate Professor and Head of Center for Bioenergy and Green Engineering, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
Ehiaze Augustine Ehimen Future Analytics Consulting Ltd., Ireland.
Ehiaze Augustine Ehimen is a Senior Research Coordinator at Future Analytics Consulting Ltd., Ireland.