Modeling and Simulation for Mechanical Engineers
Kishore V. Pochiraju, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA
An introduction to modeling and simulation with several examples
Modeling and Simulation for Mechanical Engineers provides a comprehensive view of modeling and simulation, focusing on mathematical foundations, numerical techniques and applications. The book contains practical examples, simulation exercises and case studies throughout. End of chapter problems, which can be solved using a variety of commercial or open source software tools, are also included.
Effective, accessible and easy to use software tools are critical for handling modeling problems. This book includes appendices which cover typical software packages and outline the software tools required to solve the end of chapter problems.
- Combines different modeling strategies including boundary value problems, time–dependence of dynamics of components/systems, and stochastic simulations for processes.
- Contains practical examples, case studies and simulation exercises.
- Includes end of chapter problems.
- Contains appendices which cover available software packages.
- Accompanied by a website hosting a solutions manual and tutorial guides for software simulation tools.
Modeling and Simulation for Mechanical Engineers is an ideal textbook for senior undergraduate and early graduate students in mechanical engineering, modeling and design, as well as being a comprehensive reference for practicing engineers.