- Trends in stem cell partnering
- Deal terms analysis
- Partnering agreement structure
- Partnering contract documents
- Top deals by value
- Most active dealmakers
- Average deal terms for stem cells
This report provides details of the latest Stem Cell agreements announced in the life sciences since 2010.
The report takes the reader through a comprehensive review Stem Cell deal trends, key players, top deal values, as well as deal financials, allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms, companies are entering Stem Cell partnering deals.
The report presents financial deal term values for Stem Cell deals, listing by headline value, upfront payments, milestone payments and royalties, enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the financial value of deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leading dealmakers in the Stem Cell partnering field; both the leading deal values and most active Stem Cell dealmaker companies are reported allowing the reader to see who is succeeding in this dynamic dealmaking market.
One of the key highlights of the report is that over 650 online deal records of actual Stem Cell deals, as disclosed by the deal parties, are included towards the end of the report in a directory format - by company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, therapy focus, and technology type - that is easy to reference. Each deal record in the report links via Weblink to an online version of the deal.
In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Whilst many companies will be seeking details of the payment clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Stem Cell dealmaking. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Stem Cell dealmaking since 2010, including details of headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Stem Cell deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Stem Cell dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Stem Cell deals announced by that company, as well as contract documents, where available.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Stem Cell partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Stem Cell partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010. The chapter is organized by specific Stem Cell technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
A comprehensive series of appendices is provided organized by Stem Cell partnering company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, and therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Stem Cell partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Stem Cell technologies and products.
Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2021 provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of Stem Cell deal trends since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Detailed access to actual Stem Cell contracts entered into by leading biopharma companies
- Identify most active Stem Cell dealmakers since 2010
- Insight into terms included in a Stem Cell partnering agreement, with real world examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2021 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Stem Cell trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
- Trends in Stem Cell dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Analysis of Stem Cell deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to Stem Cell contract documents
- Leading Stem Cell deals by value since 2010
- Most active Stem Cell dealmakers since 2010
In Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2021, the available deals are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
- Technology type
The Global Stem Cell PartneringTerms and Agreements 2010-2021 report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 650 Stem Cell deals.
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Trends in Stem Cell dealmaking
2.2. Stem Cell partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Stem Cell dealmakers
2.4. Stem Cell partnering by deal type
2.5. Stem Cell partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for Stem Cell partnering
2.6.1 Stem Cell partnering headline values
2.6.2 Stem Cell deal upfront payments
2.6.3 Stem Cell deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Stem Cell royalty rates
Chapter 3 - Leading Stem Cell deals
3.2. Top Stem Cell deals by value
Chapter 4 - Most active Stem Cell dealmakers
4.2. Most active Stem Cell dealmakers
4.3. Most active Stem Cell partnering company profiles
Chapter 5 - Stem Cell contracts dealmaking directory
5.2. Stem Cell contracts dealmaking directory
Chapter 6 - Stem Cell dealmaking by technology type
Chapter 7 - Partnering resource center
7.1. Online partnering
7.2. Partnering events
7.3. Further reading on dealmaking
Appendix 1 - Stem Cell deals by company A-Z
Appendix 2 - Stem Cell deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 - Stem Cell deals by deal type
Appendix 4 - Stem Cell deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 -Deal type definitions
Table of figures
Figure 1: Stem Cell partnering since 2010
Figure 2: Active Stem Cell dealmaking activity since 2010
Figure 3: Stem Cell partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Stem Cell partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Stem Cell deals with a headline value
Figure 6: Stem Cell deals with an upfront value
Figure 7: Stem Cell deals with a milestone value
Figure 8: Stem Cell deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 9: Top Stem Cell deals by value since 2010
Figure 10: Most active Stem Cell dealmakers since 2010
Figure 11: Online partnering resources
Figure 12: Forthcoming partnering events
- A*STAR Agency for Science
- Technology and Research
- A*STAR Genome Institute of Singapore
- Access BIO
- Aelan Cell Technologies
- AGC Asahi Glass
- AiVita Biomedical
- Akron Biotechnology
- Allele Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals
- American CryoStem
- American society of Hematology
- Angiocrine Bioscience
- Anthony Nolan
- Aratana Therapeutics
- Ascendance Biotechnology
- Astellas Pharma
- Asterand Bioscience
- Asterias Biotherapeutics
- Australian Research Council
- Axcelead Drug Discovery Partners
- Bassett Salon Solutions
- Bayer USA Foundation
- Baylor Research Institute
- Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope
- Berlin-Brandenburg Center for Regenerative Therapies
- Be The Match BioTherapies
- Beyond Type 1
- BioBridge Global
- Biological Industries
- BioRestorative Therapies
- Biotech Products Services & Research
- BlueRock Therapeutics
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Caladrius Biosciences
- Calidi Biotherapeutics
- California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- California State University
- California Stem Cell
- Canadian National Transplant Research Program
- Case Western Reserve University
- CASI Pharmaceuticals
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cell Applications
- Cellaria Biosciences
- Cell Care Therapeutics
- Cellect Biotechnology
- Celling Biosciences
- Celltex Therapeutics
- Cell Therapy Catapult
- Cellular Biomedicine
- Cellular Dynamics International
- Censo Biotechnologies
- Center for iPS Cells Research and Application
- Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM)
- Centre for Drug Research and Development (CDRD)
- Cesca Therapeutics
- Children's Hospital Boston
- China Cord Blood
- China Southeast University
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- City of Hope
- Clontech Laboratories
- Cognate BioServices
- Connecticut Innovations
- Cord Blood Registry
- Creative Medical Technologies
- CRISPR Therapeutics
- Cynata Therapeutics
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- ERS Genomics
- ES Cell International
- European Union
- Fate Therapeutics
- Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Heath
- Florida State University
- Fondazione San Raffaele
- Fondazione Telethon
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Fortis Healthcare
- Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Ecology (IME)
- Gamida Cell
- GE Healthcare
- Gladstone Institutes
- Global Alliance for Innovation in Neuroscience
- Golden Meditech
- Government of Canada
- Gulf Coast Pharmaceuticals
- Hadassah Medical Center
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University
- Harvard Medical School
- Harvard Stem Cell Institute
- Harvard University
- Healios K.K.
- HemispheRx Biopharma
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Horizon Discovery
- Huapont Pharma
- Human Life CORD Japan
- Human Longevity
- ID Pharma
- ImmunoCellular Therapeutics
- Indiana University
- Inform Genomics
- Innovate UK
- Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer – Commercialization of Research
- Institute Of Molecular Biotechnology
- IntelliCell BioSciences
- International Stem Cell
- InVivo Therapeutics
- iPS Academia Japan
- Israeli National Authority for Technological Innovation
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- JCR Pharmaceuticals
- Johns Hopkins University
- Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Kiadis Pharma
- Kinetic River
- Kings College London
- Kite Pharma
- Kyoto University
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.