What is Visible Light Communication?
Visible Light Communication is the sub segment of Optical Wireless Communication technologies. This communication technologies, data has been transferred using visible light in the range of 400 to 800 THz. Fluorescent light lamps are used in this technology for signal transmission at the rate of 10Kbps.
What are the major applications of Visible Light Communication?
Ubiquitous Computing is one of the major application where visible light spectrum communication has been broadly used. The reason behind, VLC devices such as traffic signals, car headlights, indoor/outdoor lamps, TV’s, commercial displays have the accessibility to use anywhere. This VLC is applicable only for low-power applications. Smart Lighting integrated with VLC will control the illuminations and communicate which will remarkable lessen the consumption of energy and wiring inside any infrastructure. In Aviation, VLC is used to offer media applications to the passengers without using wires. The most significant advantage of using VLC as replacement of radio-frequency is, visible light spectrum is 10,000x of radio frequency spectrum.
Market Research and Market Trends of Visible Light Communication
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Light Fidelity (Li-Fi), one of the developing VLC technologies in which very few companies making investment to enhance its application. Lucium Communication is one of the predominant player in VLC Technologies which was recently acquired by Phillips Light which is the major market player in Lighting Technologies. It is expected that, this acquisition of Lucium by Phillips electronics would be less than EUR 10 million. This business move done by Phillips shows that its development of its abilities in LI-Fi, the VLC technology in which data can be transferred by light at an extraordinary speed.
- Infrastructure Development: It is estimated that the market value of VLC in the Middle East countries is $72.3mn with a CAGR of 97.3% in the next few years. Since the growth rate is high Many Dubai based companies such as Telco Du., Zero 1., are coming forward to invest in Li-Fi and to make the middle east to be the first nation to have full Li-Fi coverage. It is expected that the demand for innovation in infrastructural development would give prominent rise in the development of Li-Fi Technologies by the companies in the Middle East regions.
- Research & Development: Li-Fi has not only explored the world but also in progress to explore the Space. NASA has signed a Space Act Agreement with LVX Sys Corp. to enhance and innovate the technology in high-speed wireless communication. It is expected that Kennedy Space Center will provide research and technological development offer in VLC to LVX System in the next five years.
Who are the Major Players in market?
The key players operating in the Visible Light Communication Market are Panasonic Corp., Philips NV., Firefly Wireless Network., Lucibel, LVX System., GE Corp., Axrtek, and other 10 more companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
2. Executive Summary
3. Visible Light Communication Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.3. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Visible Light Communication Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.1.1. Emerging Demand from the LED Market
4.1.2. Robust Demand for Personalized Services and High Bandwidth Requirements
4.1.3. Increasing awareness of Indoor Positioning and Monitoring in the End UseSectors.
4.1.4. Rising Spectrum Crisis
4.1.5. Low Cost of Installation
4.1.6. Rapid Adoption of Communication Technology and Exponential Increase in the Number of Internet Users.
4.1.7. Li-Fi Technology can be alternative for Wi-Fi providing network services.
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Visible Light Communication Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Visible Light Communication Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Visible Light Communication Market - Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.4. Suppliers and Distributors
5.5. Opportunities Analysis.
6. Visible Light Communication Market – By Components
6.2. Light Emitting Diode
6.2.1. Phosphorous LED
6.2.2. RGB LED
6.2.3. Resonant Cavity LED
6.2.4. Organic LED
6.2.5. Micro lens LED
6.2.6. Near-Infrared LED
6.3.2. Image Sensor
6.4.1. Modulator & Demodulator
188.8.131.52.1. Pulse width modulation
184.108.40.206.2. Pulse position modulation
220.127.116.11.3. Pulse Amplitude Modulation
18.104.22.168.4. Color Shift Keying
22.214.171.124.5. Spatial Modulation
126.96.36.199.1. Diode Detector
188.8.131.52.2. Synchronous Detector
6.5. Software and Services
7. Visible Light Communication Market – By Application
7.2. Indoor Applications
7.3. Outdoor Applications
8. Visible Light Communication Market – By Transmission Type
9. Visible Light Communication Market – By End User
9.2. Museum & Art gallery
9.6. Smart Cities
9.9. Defense & Security
9.10. Hazardous Environment
10. Visible Light Communication Market - By Geography
10.1. North America
10.1.3. Ecuador Mexico
10.1.4. Rest of North America
10.2. South America
10.2.7. Costa Rica
10.2.8. Rest of South America
10.3.9. Rest of Europe
10.4.3. South Korea
10.4.7. Hong Kong
10.4.9. Rest of APAC
10.5. Middle East& Africa
10.5.2. South Africa
10.5.3. Saudi Arabia
10.6. Rest of Middle East and Africa
11. Market Entropy
11.1. New Product Launches
11.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. Panasonic Corp.
12.2. Philips NV.
12.3. Firefly Wireless Network.
12.5. LVX System.
12.6. GE Corp.
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights