Veterinary Medicine is a comprehensive textbook of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs and goats that addresses the needs of both students and large/mixed animal veterinary practitioners. It has come to be extensively used as a reference by veterinarians around the world: it has attained international relevance, recognition and acceptance with several translations. For the new 11th edition Ken Hinchcliff and Peter Constable are joined as editors by Professor Stanley Done, a distinguished authority on the diseases of pigs, and by [a fourth European editor tbc], giving an editorial team of international scope and expertise.
The new edition has been reorganized into two volumes for ease of use and offers many new features and topics. The text has been reviewed in its entirety and edited for concision while retaining the same level of detail and scope of coverage, and the references have been comprehensively updated since the previous edition.
With this revised edition of Veterinary Medicine a companion App is also offered, which presentsin handy mobile format differential diagnoses, synopses of key points from the book, and tips and practical hints on therapeutics. When used in conjunction, the Veterinary Medicine book and App make an unbeatable reference that combines all the benefits of comprehensiveness with the convenience of portability .
2. Examination of the Population
3. Biosecurity and Infection Control
4. General Systemic States
5. Disturbances of Free Water, Electrolytes, Acid-Base Balance, and Oncotic Pressure
6. Practical Antimicrobial Therapeutics
7. Diseases of the Alimentary Tract - Horses, Pigs, and Neonatal Ruminants
8. Diseases of the Alimentary Tract - Adult Ruminants
9. Diseases of the Liver and Pancreas
10. Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
11. Diseases of the Hemolymphatic and Immune Systems
12. Diseases of the Respiratory System
13. Diseases of the Urinary System
14. Diseases of the Nervous System
15. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
16. Diseases of the Skin, Eye, Conjunctiva, and External Ear
17. Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases
18. Diseases Primarily Affecting the Reproductive System NEW!
19. Perinatal Diseases
20. Diseases of the Mammary Gland
21. Systemic and Multi-Organ Diseases
Appendix 1: Conversion Tables
Appendix 2: Reference Laboratory Values
Appendix 3: Drug doses and intervals for horses and ruminants
Appendix 4: Drug doses and intervals for pigs
Hinchcliff, Kenneth W Professor and Dean of Veterinary Science
The University of Melbourne.
Done, Stanley H. Visiting Professor of Veterinary Pathology, University of Galsgow Veterinary School; Former Lecturer in Veterinary Anatomy, Royal Veterinary College, London.