Growth in the sector has been boosted by a number of new product launches across price points coupled with enhanced dealer network beyond the metropolitan areas in India. Other growth drivers include availability of robust financing options and a focus on localisation of parts.
The luxury automobile manufacturers are consistently targeting the young achievers in India who are emerging as an important target segment for the luxury segment in the country. Product launches are catering to the demand from this segment. In 2015, of the approximate 50 new product launches in the luxury car segment, Mercedes, Audi and BMW contributed close to 40 including both new vehicles as well as variants of existing products.
The penetration of luxury cars in India stands at an insignificant 1% as compared with 2.7% in Brazil, 8% in China and 5% in Japan. The sector is budding with opportunities which the players are all set to tap. While growth in 2016 will be affected by uncertainties borne out of regulations, the sector is expected to post a robust growth. Market beyond the metros will be the target of the leading players where focus will be on enhancing dealer networks.
Growth in the global luxury car market in 2015 was led by demand from China and India which have been posting double digit market growth and recovery of the European luxury car market. China became the largest auto market in the world in 2009, leaving the US behind. It is projected that the luxury car market in China will grow at an annual compounded rate of 12% in 2014-2020 while the overall passenger car market will grow at 8%.
Why should the report be purchased?
The report ‘Indian Luxury Car Market: Sector Study 2016’ highlights key dynamics of the Indian luxury car market. The growing opportunity in the sector has been investigated along with capturing initiatives and performance of key players such as Volkswagen AG, Daimler AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Tata Motors Limited, Porsche AG and General Motors. The report contains latest industry-related opinions.
Research methodology and delivery time
The author has conducted in depth secondary research to arrive at key insights. Data collected from key public industry sources and publications has been scanned and analyzed impartially to present a clear picture of the industry. All recent developments which impact the sector dynamics have been captured and used to support the research hypothesis.
*The report is available as single-site single-user license. The delivery time for the electronic version of the report is 3 business days as each copy undergoes thorough quality check and is updated with the most recent information available. The dispatch time for hard copies 4 business days, as each hard copy is custom printed for the client.
2. Global Luxury Car Market Overview
2.1 Sector Scenario
2.2 Statistics and Performance
3. India Luxury Car Market
3.1 Sector Scenario
3.2 Statistics and Performance
4. Market Drivers
5. Emerging Trends
6. Make in India: Localization
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Volkswagen AG
7.2 Daimler AG
7.3 BayerischeMotorenWerke AG (BMW)
7.4 Tata Motors Limited
7.5 General Motors Company
7.6 Porsche AG
9. Other Growing Luxury Car Markets
9.1 United States
9.1.1 Overview & Market Statistics
9.1.2 Competitive Landscape
9.1.3 Market Drivers
9.2.1 Overview & Market Statistics
9.2.2 Competitive Landscape
9.2.3 Market Drivers
10. List of Charts and Graphs
11. Research Methodology
List of Charts & Graphs
1. Global Luxury Car Market Size (2010-2015, billion euros)
2. Top 3 Countries Luxury Car Sales (Million Units, 2012)
3. Top 3 Countries Luxury Car Sales (Million Units, 2020)
4. Global Luxury Car Production by Brands (Units, 2014 & 2015)
5. BMW Global Vehicle Sales (Units, 2006-2015)
6. Mercedes-Benz global sales (Unites, FY2011-FFY2015)
7. Audi Global Production (Units, FY2005-2015)
8. Rolls-Royce Global Sales Volume (Units, 2007-2015)
9. Lamborghini Global Production (Units, 2008-2013)
10. United States luxury car market share by brand (2015, %)
11. Luxury Car Sales in China (FY2015, units)
12. Growth rate of luxury passenger vehicle sales in China (2008-2015, compared to the previous year in %)
13. Proportion of Top Luxury Car Manufacturers Sales from China (2013-2014)
14. India Luxury Car Market Sales in (Units, 2007-2020 P)
15. India Top Brands Luxury Car Sales (2013, Units)
16. India Top Brands Luxury Car Sales (2014, Units)
17. India Top Brands Luxury Car Sales (2015, Units)