In the first 11 months of 2015, China sold approximately 1,744,103 premium cars as compared with 912,203 units over the same period a year earlier. While 2015 second half witnessed slow growth of the luxury car market, sales have picked up in 2016. The outlook for the luxury car market in China is bright. It is expected that by 2020 China will become the world’s leading luxury car market leaving the United States behind.
The Chinese luxury car market is set to benefit from the investment global players are making in the market. Local production will lead to overall advantages thereby creating a streamlined value chain within China. Benefiting from local market research to a reduction in import duties, localization is the way forward for players in China. The future in China will see players strengthening their local production facilities and launching newer models catering to the young wealthy population.
Growth in the global luxury car market in 2015 was led by demand from China and India which have been posting double digit market growth and recovery of the European luxury car market. China became the largest auto market in the world in 2009, leaving the US behind. It is projected that the luxury car market in China will grow at an annual compounded rate of 12% in 2014-2020 while the overall passenger car market will grow at 8%.
Why should the report be purchased?
The report ‘Assessment of China's Luxury Car Market 2016’ highlights key dynamics of China’s luxury car market. The growing opportunity in the sector has been investigated along with capturing initiatives and performance of key players such as Volkswagen AG, Daimler AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Tata Motors Limited, Porsche AG and General Motors. The report contains latest industry-related opinions.
Research methodology and delivery time
The author has conducted in depth secondary research to arrive at key insights. Data collected from key public industry sources and publications has been scanned and analyzed impartially to present a clear picture of the industry. All recent developments which impact the sector dynamics have been captured and used to support the research hypothesis.
The report is available as single-site single-user license. The delivery time for the electronic version of the report is 4 business days as each copy undergoes thorough quality check and is updated with the most recent information available. The dispatch time for hard copies 5 business days, as each hard copy is custom printed for the client.
2. Global Luxury Car Market Overview
2.1 Sector Scenario
2.2 Statistics and Performance
3. China Luxury Car Market
3.1 Sector Scenario
3.2 Statistics and Performance
3.3 Market Drivers& Emerging Trend
4. Competitive Landscape
4.1 Volkswagen AG
4.2 Daimler AG
4.3 Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW)
4.4 Tata Motors Limited
4.5 General Motors Company
4.6 Maserati S.p.A.
6. Other Growing Luxury Car Markets
6.1 United States
6.1.1 Overview & Market Statistics
6.1.2 Competitive Landscape
6.1.3 Market Drivers
6.2.1 Overview & Market Statistics
6.2.2 Competitive Landscape
6.2.3 Market Drivers
7. List of Charts and Graphs
8. Research Methodology
List of Charts & Graphs
1. Global Luxury Car Market Size (2010-2015, billion euros)
2. Top 3 Countries Luxury Car Sales (Million Units, 2012)
3. Top 3 Countries Luxury Car Sales (Million Units, 2020)
4. Global Luxury Car Production by Brands (Units, 2014 & 2015)
5. BMW Global Vehicle Sales (Units, 2006-2015)
6. Mercedes-Benz global sales (Unites, FY2011-FFY2015)
7. Audi Global Production (Units, FY2005-2015)
8. Rolls-Royce Global Sales Volume (Units, 2007-2015)
9. Lamborghini Global Production (Units, 2008-2013)
10. United States luxury car market share by brand (2015, %)
11. Luxury Car Sales in China (FY2015, units)
12. Growth rate of luxury passenger vehicle sales in China (2008-2015, compared to the previous year in %)
13. Proportion of Top Luxury Car Manufacturers Sales from China (2013-2014)
14. India Luxury Car Market Sales in (Units, 2007-2020 P)
15. India Top Brands Luxury Car Sales (2013, Units)
16. India Top Brands Luxury Car Sales (2014, Units)
17. India Top Brands Luxury Car Sales (2015, Units)