Non-small cell Lung cancer is the malignant tissue formation in the lung, usually in the cell lining air passage, which is characterized by abnormal cell growth in lung tissue. Globally, lung cancer is one of the leading causes of death since the past several decades. According to the American lung association, the number of deaths due to lung cancer has increased ~3.5% from ~152,156 cases in 1999 to ~157,499 in 2012. Furthermore, it is estimated that ~158,040 Americans are would die due to lung cancer by 2015. According to the American Society of cancer, non small-cell lung cancer accounts for ~85% to 90% of overall lung cancer cases and the trend is expected to grow with the same momentum. Thus, a large patient base of non small-cell lung cancer depicts the unmet need for diagnosis and treatment. It has been observed that non small-cell lung cancer is the most prevalent type of lung cancer commonly caused due to active and passive smoking.
Conventionally, the treatment pattern for non-small cell lung cancer is focussed around chemotherapy. Surgery is not suitable for most of the people diagnosed with lung cancer, thus, chemotherapy remains the cornerstone for non-small cell lung cancer treatment. However, emergence of targeted therapies for patients has widened the scope of NSCLC treatment by providing lesser side effects and effective treatments as compared to chemotherapy. The launch of new drugs in several new drugs classes would address the potential unmet need among NSCLC patients over the forecast period. The potential drivers for lung cancer therapeutic market include active & passive tobacco smoking, geriatric population and improper lifestyle. However, the availability of generic drugs, limited treatment options and unmet need of diagnosis might hamper the market. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy poses a bigger challenge in terms of adverse effects arising from treatment. Thus, key players have shifted their focus towards innovative therapies and safer therapeutics. For example, on April 20, 2015, global strategic partner Pfizer and Merck initiated the phase III study for Avelumb, to assess its safety and efficacy as compared to docetaxel in the patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
Global non small-cell lung cancer market is segmented into types, therapeutics and geography. Based on the types, global non small-cell lung cancer market is further segmented into squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, large cell carcinoma and others. The market is segmented on the basis of therapeutics into chemotherapy, targeted therapy, surgery, radiotherapy and pipeline drugs. Furthermore, the market is segmented, on the basis of geography, across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Key players profiled in the market are Pfizer, Roche, AstraZeneca, Eli Lily, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis AG, Merck & Co., and Agennix AG. Collaboration, product launch and acquisition are some of the strategies adopted by key players in the non-small cell lung cancer market. For example, on April 21, 2015, Pfizer received the USFDA approval for potential treatment of patients with ROS1-positive non-small cell lung cancer. On November 21, 2014, GSK collaborated with Clovis oncology to design clinical trials for the evaluation of new combination therapy used in NSCLC treatments.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that help identify the prevailing market opportunities
- Non small cell lung cancer market conditions are comprehensively analyzed based on region
- Key market players within the non small cell lung cancer market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding the competitive outlook of the market
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global non-small cell lung cancer market, is provided in the report
- Exhaustive analysis of the global non-small cell lung cancer devices market by therapeutics type helps in understanding the types of therapeutics that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Global non small-cell lung cancer market is segmented as below:
- Global non small-cell lung cancer market- by Type
- Squamous cell (epidermoid) carcinoma
- Large cell (undifferentiated) carcinoma
Global non small-cell lung cancer market- by Therapy
- Targeted therapy
- Laser therapy
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT)
Global non small-cell lung cancer market- by Geography
- North America
* This report will be delivered in 12 Business Days. *