Testing of blood is one of the oldest and most widely used techniques to rule out the presence of any disease. Blood tests are used to assure the biochemical and physiological well-being of the humans. They are also used to confirm the proper functioning of vital organs such as liver, kidney and thyroid and to understand the effectiveness of given therapeutics. The technological innovations along with consistent demand for better blood testing technologies have intensified the global competition. The market is growing owing to the burgeoning demand for point-of-care and minimally invasive testing devices. The major factors fuelling the global blood testing technologies market growth are high incidence of lifestyle diseases, cancer, infectious diseases and genetic disorders. Large pool of old age population along with increased public and private spending on diagnostics and research are other significant factors leading to market growth. Rising number of diagnostic centers, hospitals and emergence of home care diagnostics have opened lucrative avenues in the blood testing market. However, lack of awareness, reluctance to adopt newer technologies and unavailability of skilled labor are likely to restrain the market growth.
The global blood testing technologies market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, end user and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into Complete Blood Count (CBC), Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) such as blood glucose test, electrolyte test and kidney test; blood enzyme tests such as Troponin and Creatine Kinase; tests to assess heart disease risk such as lipoprotein panel and cholesterol test and blood clotting tests; and others such as Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR). On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Chemiluminescent immunoassay (CLIA), Radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA), Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT), Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Transcription-mediated Amplification (TMA), Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA), Immunofluorescence Assay (IFA), Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Western Blot Test. The market is segmented on the basis of end user into hospitals and clinics, diagnostic centers and homes. Geographically, the market is segmented across four regions viz., North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Few strategies adopted by industrial players are collaborations and acquisitions. For instance Roche Diagnostics, in Dec 2014, acquired Ariosa Diagnostics, to enter into non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) and cell-free DNA testing services markets. Ariosa’s proprietary Harmony Prenatal Test is a blood test that measures fetal cfDNA found in maternal blood. Recently, Philips has entered into collaboration agreement with Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., to develop a handheld blood test intended to be used in neuropsychiatric care. The companies profiled in the report include Abbott Laboratories, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Beckman Coulter Inc., Siemens AG., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, bioMérieux SA, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Alere Inc. and Medtronic plc.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global blood testing technologies market is provided
- The market estimations are made in the report by conducting high-end analysis of the key market segments for the period of 2014-2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- An in-depth analysis of key segments of the market demonstrates the types of blood testing equipment along with the technologies and end-users in blood testing market
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Region-wise blood testing technologies market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report
KEY MARKET SEGMENT:
The global blood testing technologies market is segmented below:
Global Blood Testing Technologies Market - By Type
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP)
Blood Glucose Test
Blood Enzyme Tests
Tests To Assess Heart Disease Risk
Lipoprotein Panel and Cholesterol Test
Blood Clotting Tests
Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)
Global Blood Testing Technologies Market - By Technology
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
Chemiluminescent immunoassay (CLIA)
Radioimmunoprecipitation assay (RIPA)
Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)
Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)
Immunofluorescence Assay (IFA)
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Western Blot Test
Global Blood Testing Technologies Market - By End User
Hospitals and Clinics
Global Blood Testing Technologies Market - By Geography
* This report will be delivered in 12 Business Days. *
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.