Vaccine provides protection against particular diseases by improving immunity. Vaccines are the biological preparations of weakened or killed microorganism, its surface proteins or its toxins. The global paediatric vaccine market is expected to witness a strong growth during the forecast period due to launch of new products in the market. In-depth discussion of global paediatric vaccine market includes past and current trends with future forecast through 2020. Detailed study of market drivers, threats and opportunities would assist corporate professionals in their strategic decisions. The report also proffers detailed geographical segmentation and identifies profitable areas.
The global paediatric vaccine market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR in next few years. Increase in growth would be primarily attributed to improved understanding of immunology, which has resulted in launch of new vaccines products. Technological breakthrough has led to development of new vaccine class such as DNA vaccines, vector vaccines, intranasal vaccines, mucosal vaccines and others. However, manufacturing complexity and stringent regulatory compliance are the factors that hinder the market growth. Refusal to immunization and vaccines shortages are other restraints for this market. Emergence of vaccines as therapeutic agents has added new dimension to vaccine industry and it could be the answer to most of the chronic diseases including cancer. Alliances, partnerships and collaborations by big players to expand the business could also boost the market growth.
Global Paediatric Vaccine Market by Type
The global paediatric vaccine market is segmented by type of vaccines into different categories such as Pneumococcal, Varicella, Combinations, Poliovirus, Hepatitis, MMR, Paediatric Hormones, HIB, Allergy and Respiratory vaccines and Other Pediatric vaccines. Pneumococcal vaccines dominate the segment followed by HIB and other combination products.
Global Paediatric Vaccine Market by Geography
Geographically, global paediatric vaccine market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-pacific and LAMEA. North America and Europe leads the global paediatric vaccine market due to the purchasing power of costly vaccines by the consumers and favorable reimbursement policies. Asia-Pacific is the emerging market for paediatric vaccines due to rising GDP and growing demand for safe and efficacious therapeutics.
The leading companies in the global paediatric vaccine market include GlaxoSmithCline, Merck, Sanofi, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Abbott Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Novo Nordisk A/S, and others. GlaxoSmithCline leads the global vaccine market followed by Sanofi and Pfizer. Prevnar-13 (Pneumococcal vaccine), by Pfizer is the top selling brand amongst the other vaccine products.
High Level Analysis
The study identifies the potential market drivers, challenges and trends. Competitive landscape section provides explicit information of the top players ruling the global paediatric vaccine market, their operating strategies, new launches, pipeline therapies and clinical trials. Porter’s Five Forces analysis has been used to determine the attractiveness of global paediatric vaccine market. Few top players such as GlaxoSmithCline, Merck, Sanofi, Pfizer and Novartis contribute to more than 70% of total vaccine market. This factor strengthens the suppliers’ power. Threat of substitute product is less due to emergence of vaccine as therapeutic agents. Industrial rivalry is intense due to exhaustive R&D activities and clinical trials to innovate new vaccine products and vaccine delivery technology.
- This report offers the following benefits in particular:
- Comprehensive coverage of global paediatric vaccine market along with vaccine types, market trends, drivers and restraints would assist strategist in making strategic business decisions
- Thorough attention is given to leading company portfolios, pipeline research, new launches and competitive landscape of top players
- Explicit information on current clinical trials and R&D activities would be beneficial to gain a deeper understand of the future market trends
- Insightful analysis of different segments helps to recognize and capitalize future opportunities within global paediatric vaccine market
The global paediatric vaccine market is segmented into two major categories such as type and geography.
MARKET BY TYPE
- Pediatric Hormones
- Allergy and Respiratory vaccines
- Other Pediatric vaccines
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
* This report will be delivered in 12 Business Days. *
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.