Depression and anxiety disorders are the most common psychiatric disorders affecting a huge population across the globe. Depression; is related to a state of emotion that further affects actions, thoughts and sometimes the sleeping pattern of the concerned person. Depression is the most common type of mental disorder affecting nearly 350 million patients of varied scale age groups, whereas, anxiety is a reaction to stress. Extreme level of anxiety result in anxiety disorders which include phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic based stress disorder.
The rising geriatric population, reduced side effects and greater efficacy of new/innovative drugs along with the accelerating prevalence of anxiety & depression disorders are contributing towards the growth of this market. However, patent expiry for majority of the drugs, dry pipeline for the novel drugs, mental disorders that are drug-resistant and growing numbers of different generic drugs are analysed to impede the anxiety disorders and depression treatment market growth. The prospect of innovations and developments in herbal remedies with an improved distribution network is offers potential opportunities for the key participants.
The global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market is segmented on the basis of drug class, pipeline analysis and geography. The drug class segment is further categorized into SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors), SNRIs (Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors), TeCAs (Tetracyclic Antidepressants), TCAs (Tricyclic Antidepressants), MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors), Atypical Antipsychotics, Benzodiazepines, Anticonvulsants, Beta-Blockers and Others. On the basis of pipeline analysis, the market is segmented into Brintellix (Vortioxetine - Lu AA21004), ALKS-5461 and Brexpiprazole (OPC-34712). The progressive outcomes of clinical trials for the related drugs and their anticipated commercialization in the forecast period will drive the growth for anxiolytic and antidepressant drugs in the future. Geographically, the global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. North America accounts for the largest market share, contributed by the U.S. due to the presence of various branded formulations influencing the market dynamics extensively.
Key companies profiled in this market include Eli Lilly and Company, Forest Laboratories, Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Sanofi-Aventis, Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Johnson & Johnson and others. Recent developments, Clinical research, geographical expansion and enhanced distribution networks are the key strategies adopted by the key participants.
- In-depth coverage of the global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market including key drivers, restraints and opportunities would help professionals to better understand market inclination
- Drug class market is comprehensively analyzed on the basis of drug launch, expiry, sales/revenue, efficacy of the drugs and geographical presence of market leaders
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential for the period of 2013-2020 in terms of value
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the anxiety disorders and depression treatment Market
- Identification of key investment pockets for anxiety disorders and depression treatment market, provide strategic assistance to decision makers
- Market attractiveness analysis, has been included for various product segments, therapeutics, devices and geographic regions along with a detailed analysis of factors responsible for rapid growth of the market segments
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global anxiety disorders and depression treatment Market is segmented into three major categories: drug class, pipeline analysis and geography.
MARKET BY DRUG CLASS
- SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors)
- SNRIs (Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors)
- TeCAs (Tetracyclic Antidepressants)
- TCAs (Tricyclic Antidepressants)
- MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors)
- Atypical Antipsychotics
MARKET BY PIPELINE ANALYSIS
- Brintellix (Vortioxetine - Lu AA21004)
- Brexpiprazole (OPC-34712)
- MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.