The major factors that are driving the growth of the market are rising rate of incidences of cancer and increasing practice for advanced technology in diagnostic test. In addition, rising awareness about personalized medicines is also contributing to the growth of the market. However, complex technicalities associated with the protein chips is the major factor that is hampering the growth of the Protein Chip market. Increasing advancement in the Protein Chip technology is resulting in improved economies of some of the regions such as Asian countries. This factor is expected to create a lot of opportunities for the enlargement and expansion of the market.
Protein Chip Technology Market Analysis
Protein Chip technology market is segmented into reverse phase protein microarray, functional protein microarray and analytical microarray. Functional protein microarray segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to increased rate of cancer incidences. Functional protein microarray has broad range of applications in advanced diagnostics for cancer.
Protein Chip Application Market Analysis
Protein Chip application market is segmented into antibody characterization, protein functional analysis, proteomics and diagnostics. Proteomics is the largest revenue generating segment due to its broad spectrum of applications such as Spectroscopy, X-ray Crystallography, Chromatography, Supercritical Fluid Chromatography, Electrophoresis, SPR (Surface Plasmon Resonance) Systems, and Protein Fractionation System. Proteomics has a market share of more than half in the Protein Chip Market.
Protein Chip Geography Market Analysis
Protein Chip Geography Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. North America, followed by Europe, is the largest revenue generating segment due to increasing number of patients, rising aging population and high demand for advanced techniques such as molecular-based diagnosis.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Protein Chip market are product expansion, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would provide efficient products and yield strong performing products that support the market regulations and finally, exhibit better customer satisfaction. Top market players include Agilent Technologies, Affymetrix Inc., Sigma Aldrich Corporation, SEQUENOM, Life Technologies Corporation, IIIumina Inc. and EMD Milipore.
High level Analysis
Report presents detailed analysis of Protein Chip market using Porter’s five forces model. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of Protein Chip market. The threat of substitute is low due to unavailability of alternate products.
- Analysis of the Protein Chip market on the foundation of range of segments is expounded in the report, and segmental analysis is done to categorize the leading revenue generating segment
- To study the various factors that are enhancing and restraining the development of the market that would help the stakeholders in understanding the market in detail
- Study of SWOT and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market is conducted and that would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decision
- Analysis of the current market scenario, forecasts of the future transition trends and projected revenue of the market through 2013-2020 are expounded in the report. Thus, help stakeholders analyze the market
- To find out the recent trends of the Protein Chip market and opportunity that would unlock doors for the investors to contribute in the market, which in turn would facilitate in the extension of the strategies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
Protein Chip market is segmented on the basis of technology, application and geography.
Market by Technology
- Reverse Phase Protein Microarray
- Functional Protein Microarray
- Analytical Microarray
Market by Application
- Antibody Characterization
- Protein Functional Analysis
Market by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
* This report will be delivered in 12 Business Days. *
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.