This report provides details of the latest Biotech agreements announced in the life sciences since 2012.
The report takes the reader through a comprehensive review Biotech deal trends, key players, top deal values, as well as deal financials, allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms, companies are entering Biotech partnering deals.
The report presents financial deal term values for Biotech deals, listing by headline value, upfront payments, milestone payments and royalties, enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the financial value of deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leading dealmakers in the Biotech partnering field; both the leading deal values and most active Biotech dealmaker companies are reported allowing the reader to see who is succeeding in this dynamic dealmaking market.
One of the key highlights of the report is that over 7,000 online deal records of actual Biotech deals, as disclosed by the deal parties, are included towards the end of the report in a directory format – by company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, therapy focus, and technology type - that is easy to reference. Each deal record in the report links via Weblink to an online version of the deal.
In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Whilst many companies will be seeking details of the payment clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered – contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Biotech dealmaking. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Biotech dealmaking since 2012, including details of headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Biotech deals since 2012. Deals are listed by headline value. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 50 most active companies in Biotech dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Biotech deals announded by that company, as well as contract documents, where available.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Biotech partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2012, where a contract document is available in the public domain. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Biotech partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2012. The chapter is organized by specific technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
A comprehensive series of appendices is provided organized by Biotech partnering company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, and therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Biotech partnering and dealmaking since 2012.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Biotech technologies and products.
Global Biotech Partnering 2012-2018: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts provides the reader with the following Key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of Biotech deal trends since 2012
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Analysis of the structure of Biotech agreements with real life case studies
- Detailed access to actual Biotech contracts entered into by leading biopharma companies
- Identify most active Biotech dealmakers since 2012
- Insight into terms included in a Biotech partnering agreement, with real world examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Global Biotech Partnering 2012-2018: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Biotech trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Biotech Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
- Trends in Biotech dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2012
- Analysis of Biotech deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life Biotech deals
- Access to Biotech contract documents
- Leading Biotech deals by value since 2012
- Most active Biotech dealmakers since 2012
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
- Technology type
The Global Biotech Partnering 2012-2018: Deal trends, players, financials and forecasts report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 7,000 Biotech deals.
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Chapter 1 – Introduction
Chapter 2 – Trends in Biotech dealmaking
2.2. Biotech partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Biotech dealmakers
2.4. Biotech partnering by deal type
2.5. Biotech partnering by therapy area
2.6. Biotech partnering by technology type
2.7. Deal terms for Biotech partnering
2.7.1 Biotech partnering headline values
2.7.2 Biotech deal upfront payments
2.7.3 Biotech deal milestone payments
2.7.4 Biotech royalty rates
Chapter 3 – Leading Biotech deals
3.2. Top Biotech deals by value
Chapter 4 – Most active Biotech dealmakers
4.2. Most active Biotech dealmakers
4.3. Most active Biotech partnering company profiles
Chapter 5 – Biotech contracts dealmaking directory
5.2. Biotech contracts dealmaking directory
Chapter 6 – Biotech dealmaking by technology type
Chapter 7 – Partnering resource center
7.1. Online partnering
7.2. Partnering events
7.3. Further reading on dealmaking
Appendix 1 – Biotech deals by company A-Z
Appendix 2 – Biotech deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 – Biotech deals by deal type
Appendix 4 – Biotech deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 – Deal type definitions
Table of figures
Figure 1: Biotech partnering since 2012
Figure 2: Active Biotech dealmaking activity since 2012
Figure 3: Biotech partnering by deal type since 2012
Figure 4: Biotech partnering by disease type since 2012
Figure 5: Biotech partnering by technology type since 2012
Figure 6: Biotech deals with a headline value
Figure 7: Biotech deals with an upfront value
Figure 8: Biotech deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Biotech deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 10: Top Biotech deals by value since 2012
Figure 11: Most active Biotech dealmakers since 2012
Figure 12: Online partnering resources
Figure 13: Forthcoming partnering events