This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for products which deal with EMI and RFI problems that are encountered in the operation of electronic equipment, and implications for those plastics and competitive materials and technologies used to suppress that interference.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Examinations of issues surrounding the ever-increasing frequencies being encountered along with the proliferation of wireless devices that may result in the shifting of shielding options; in addition, the impact of other technologies, such as Bluetooth, absorptive EMI, fiber optics, and others will be assessed.
- Analysis of trends in components and devices used in electronics and other industries, such as medical, automotive, and consumer products.
- Identification of the current state of the electronics and other industries, the market for plastics-based shielding options, key participants, shielding technologies, patents, materials, shielding components, and a “time line” of global developments.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The size and the growth of the global market for EMI/RFI shielding products is a function of several factors. Shielding closely follows the demand for electronic devices and components. It is also is a valuable resource to assist manufacturers in complying with ever-changing safety and performance regulations and standards. This study summarizes the somewhat muddled global regulatory environment.
This report identifies the nature of the EMI/RFI problem, noting the ways that the redesigning of shielding and electronics can overcome these problems. Technologies and materials specific to EMI/RFI shielding are also identified and analyzed for their impact on plastics and other materials within a context of trends in components and devices used in the electronics medical, automotive and consumer products industries.
This report also discusses the current state of the electronics and other related industries, the market for plastics-based shielding options, key participants, shielding technologies, patents, materials, shielding components, global developments, and examples of global regulatory standards and environmental issues confronting the electronic shielding business.
Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for the period 2016 through 2021 in millions of dollars and millions of square feet. An analysis based on volume is not feasible because of the many disparate shielding products.
- Study Goals And Objectives
- Scope And Format
- Intended Audience
Table Summary : Global Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
- - Figure Summary : Global Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, 2015-2021
- Symbols And Terminology
- Electromagnetic Energy
- Electrostatic Discharge
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Electromagnetic And Radio Frequency Interference
- Definitions And Ranges
4: Shielding Mechanisms
- Major Emi Problem Areas
- Emi Shielding Overview
- Shielding Effectiveness
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Emc Control
- Shielding Performance
- Galvanic Corrosion And Metals Compatibility
- Relationship Between Conductivity And Resistivity
- Effects Of Emi/Rfi And Static Electricity
5: Shielding Technologies And Materials
- Metallization Processes
- Conductive Plastics
- Conductive Films
- Inherently Conductive Polymers
- Conductive Elastomers
- Conductive Coatings
- Electroless Plating
- Vacuum Metallization
- Conductive Paints
- Thermal Spray
- Metallized Foils, Laminates And Tapes
- Cost And Performance Characteristics Of The Shielding Options
6: Shielding Components
- Connectors And Cables
- Architectural Shielding
- Other Shielding Components
7: Emi Shielding Market: Quantitative Aspects
- Emi/Rfi Shielding Market By Method
- Conductive Plastic Market Estimates
- Miscellaneous Emi Shielding Product Market Estimates
8: Additional Patterns And Usage Of Selected Emi Shielding Products
- Conductive Coatings
- Laminates And Tapes
- Conductive Plastics And Elastomers
- Miscellaneous Shielding
9: Industry/Emi Shielding Interface
- Electronic Industry
- Transportation Industry
- Healthcare Industry
- Other Consumer Products
10: Other Technologies Impacting Emi/Rfi Markets
- Fiber Optics
- Local Area Network Technologies
- Bluetooth Technology
- Absorptive Emi Control Technologies
- Concept Of High Frequencies
11: Recent Patents
- Overmolded Semiconductor Package With A Wirebond Cage For Emi Shielded
- Semiconductor Device And Method Of Forming Prefabricated Emi Shielding Frame With Cavities Containing Penetrable Material Over Semiconductor Die
- Emi Shielding Scheme Using Sandwiched Sheet Metal
- Auto Jack With Emi Shielding
- Computer Enclosure With Emi Shielding Clip
- Emi Shielding Device And Fixing Apparatus For Hard Disk Drive
- Layer Structure With Emi Shielding Effect
- Method For Forming An Emi Shielding Layer On All Surfaces Of A Semiconductor Package
- Conforming Emi Shielding
- Emi Shielding Circuit And Semicconductor Integrated Circuit Including The Same
- Emi Shielding Heat Shrinkable Tapes
- Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Techniques
- Chip Level Emi Shielding Structure And Manufacture Method Thereof
12: Electromagnetic Compliance
- Electronic Standards
- Purpose Of Emc Standards/Regulations
- Basic Concepts
- Compliance Testing And Certification
- Regulatory And Standards Bodies And Directives
- U.S. Food And Drug Administration Requirements
- Other Environmental Regulations
13: Company Profiles
- A.K. Stamping Co. Inc.
- AD-Vance Magnetics
- Alco Technologies
- Amuneal Manufacturing Corp.
- Coilcraft Inc.
- Cts Corp.
- Cuming Microwave Corp.
- Cybershield Inc.
- Elastomeric Specialties Inc.
- Enthone Inc.
- Ferronics Inc.
- Fujipoly America Corp.
- Greene Rubber Co.
- Kitagawa Industries America Inc. Intermark Usa
- Laird Technologies
- Leader Tech
- Magnetic Shield Corp.
- Majr Products
- Marian Inc.
- Martek Prober Inc.
- Microsorb Technologies
- Mushield Co. Inc.
- Omega Shielding Products Inc.
- Orion Industries Inc.
- Panashield Llc.
- Parker Chomerics
- Premix Thermoplastics
- Presscut Industries Inc.
- Rtp Co.
- Sas Industries Inc.
- Schaffner Emc Inc.
- Schlegel Electronic Materials
- Seleco Inc.
- Shieldex Trading Usa
- Stockwell Elastomerics Inc.
- Swift Textile Metalizing Llc
- Tdk Rf Solutions Inc.
- Tech-Etch Inc.
- Thrust Industries
- Vti Vacuum Technologies
- Zippertubing Co. Inc.
14: Appendix A: Major Professional Societies
- Ieee Emc Society
- Sae International
15: Appendix B: Acronyms And Glossary Of Terms
- Table 90 : Acronyms And Glossary Of Terms
List Of Tables
Summary Table : Global Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 1 : Systeme International Dunite Units And Their Symbols
Table 2 : Systeme International Dunite Prefixes And Their Symbols
Table 3 : Frequency Levels And Band Names
Table 4 : Emi Transmitters And Receivers
Table 5 : Shielding Effectiveness Ratings
Table 6 : Typical Low-Frequency Magnetic Shielding Materials
Table 7 : Anodic Indices For Metals
Table 8 : Emi Shielding Compounds Versus Conductive Coatings
Table 9 : Metallization Material Functional Coatings
Table 10 : Shielding Effectiveness Of Key Coatings
Table 11 : Dielectric Constants For Selected Materials
Table 12 : Options For Making Plastics Conductive
Table 13 : Surface Resistivity For Electronic Device Substrates
Table 14 : Resistance Spectrum For Methods For Making Plastics Conductive
Table 15 : Key Companies Producing Conductive Plastics, 2016
Table 16 : Advantages And Disadvantages Of Stainless Steel Fibers
Table 17 : Major U.S. And Canadian Conductive Filler Suppliers, 2016
Table 18 : Key U.S. And Indian Suppliers Of Carbon Nanotubes
Table 19 : U.S. And Canadian Companies Marketing Conductive Films
Table 20 : Conductivities Of Doped Icps Compared With Metal, Semiconductors And Insulators
Table 21 : Processing Types Employed For Icps
Table 22 : Stability And Processing Attributes Of Key Icps
Table 23 : Shielding Effectiveness Of Conductive Elastomers
Table 24 : Comparative Testing Of Conductive Elastomers For Galvanic Corrosion
Table 25 : Comparing Emi Shielding Compounds And Conductive Coatings By Several Key Variables
Table 26 : Comparison Of Conductive Coatings By Conductivity And Shielding Effectiveness
Table 27 : Advantages And Disadvantages Of Conductive Coatings For Emi Shielding
Table 28 : Key U.S. And U.K. Conductive Coating Companies, 2016
Table 29 : Electroless Plating Process
Table 30 : Advantages And Disadvantages Of Electroless Plating For Emi Shielding
Table 31 : Applications Using Electroless Plating For Emi Shielding
Table 32 : Sequence Of Steps For Electroless Plating Of Plastics
Table 33 : Relative Conductivity Of Shielding Metals
Table 34 : Key U.S. Suppliers Of Electroless Plating Products
Table 35 : Advantages And Disadvantages Of Vacuum Metallization For Emi Shielding
Table 36 : U.S. Vacuum Metallizing Companies
Table 37 : Advantages And Disadvantages Of Zinc Arc Spray For Emi Shielding
Table 38 : Parameters For Ferrite Selections
Table 39 : Ferrite Devices And Corresponding Applications
Table 40 : Ferrite Applications By Shape
Table 41 : Key U.S. And Indian Companies Marketing Soft Ferrites, 2016
Table 42 : Raw Material And Labor Costs Associated With The Major Shielding Options, 2016
Table 43 : Cost Structure Of Various Shielding Options, 2016
Table 44 : Strengths And Weaknesses Of Key Emi Shielding Options
Table 45 : Qualitative Ratings Of The Major Shielding Options
Table 46 : Typical Shielding Effectiveness For Major Gasket Types
Table 47 : Comparison Of Window Shielding Materials
Table 48 : Advantages And Disadvantages Of Metal Cabinets For Emi Shielding
Table 49 : Comparison Of Architectural Shielding Technologies
Table 50 : Global Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 51 : U.S. Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 52 : European Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 53 : Asia-Pacific Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 54 : Global Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 55 : U.S. Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 56 : European Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 57 : Asia-Pacific Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 58 : Average Estimated Costs Of Emi Shielding Methods, 2015
Table 59 : Global Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 60 : U.S. Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 61 : European Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 62 : Asia-Pacific Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, Through 2021
Table 63 : Global Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 64 : U.S. Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 65 : European Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 66 : Asia-Pacific Market For Conductive Coatings, Through 2021
Table 67 : Global Volume And Value Of Metal Cabinets In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 68 : U.S. Volume And Value Of Metal Cabinets In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 69 : European Volume And Value Of Metal Cabinets In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 70 : Asia-Pacific Volume And Value Of Metal Cabinets In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 71 : Global Volume And Value Of Conductive Plastics In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 72 : U.S. Volume And Value Of Conductive Plastics In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 73 : European Volume And Value Of Conductive Plastics In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 74 : Asia-Pacific Volume And Value Of Conductive Plastics In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 75 : Global Volume And Value Of Miscellaneous Products In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 76 : U.S. Volume And Value Of Miscellaneous Products In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 77 : European Volume And Value Of Miscellaneous Products In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2020
Table 78 : Asia-Pacific Volume And Value Of Miscellaneous Products In Emi/Rfi Shielding, Through 2021
Table 79 : Typical Field Levels And Frequency
Table 80 : Emi Sources
Table 81 : Components With Emi/Rfi And Esd Problems And Industries Involved
Table 82 : Top Global Semiconductor Companies By Sales, 2015
Table 83 : Automotive Emc Standards, 2016
Table 84 : Selected European Automotive Emc Standards, 2004-2006
Table 85 : Selected Sae Automotive Emc Standards, 2016
Table 86 : Medical Emc Standards, 2016
Table 87 : Iec 60601-1 Emc Standard For Medical Electrical Equipment General Requirements For Safety, 2016
Table 88 : Bandwidth And Applications Of Copper And Fiber-Optic Cables
Table 89 : Comparative Characteristics Of Lan Media
Table 90 : Acronyms And Glossary Of Terms
List Of Figures
Summary Figure : Global Market For Emi/Rfi Shielding By Method, 2015-2021
Amuneal Manufacturing Corp.
Cuming Microwave Corp.
Elastomeric Specialties Inc.
Fujipoly America Corp.
Greene Rubber Co.
Kitagawa Industries America Inc. Intermark Usa
Magnetic Shield Corp.
Martek Prober Inc.
Mushield Co. Inc.
Omega Shielding Products Inc.
Orion Industries Inc.
Presscut Industries Inc.
Sas Industries Inc.
Schaffner Emc Inc.
Schlegel Electronic Materials
Shieldex Trading Usa
Stockwell Elastomerics Inc.
Swift Textile Metalizing Llc
TDK Rf Solutions Inc.
VTI Vacuum Technologies
Zippertubing Co. Inc.