Masterbatch is a solid or liquid additive for plastic. Additive masterbatch prevents the products from UV rays. Masterbatch market players offer products that are advanced and have specific concentrations of pigments and additives encapsulated by a polymer. Generally, the masterbatch market growth is observed in the South East Asia region. According to Hitech Masterbatch, a manufacturer and supplier, the market for masterbatches will grow up to 12 billion in the next 4 years. The process of masterbatch is an amazing way in which to color plastics as well as add strengthen. In terms of pricing, masterbatch are lower when compared with other conventional coloring methods because masterbatch leaves little waste and saves time in the creation process. Using masterbatch is cleaner than using powders or pigments as there is no dust, health, or safety issues. It is an easy and convenient way of adding colors to products. When using the process of masterbatch one can add performance enhancing additives.
As per the report, APAC is the leading region in the global masterbatch market, with 48% market share as of 2020. The same year, the analyst of the report has estimated the global masterbatch market size of around $10,850 million, projecting the value to increment at an exuberant CAGR of approximately 10.23% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2025. The market research report pinpoints Asia Pacific as the most lucrative region, generating more than 48% of the total demand in 2020. On the other hand, the food and beverage industry is tipped as the foremost end use industry, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.8% during the aforementioned forecast period.
Masterbatch Market: Use of Polycarbonates and Corrosion Inhibitors in Various Industries
According to Americhem, a leading designer and manufacturer of Masterbatches, when the businesses are looking for a performance plastic that is durable, polycarbonates offer a strong, easily molded option for production. Polycarbonates are thermoplastic polymers that are particularly useful in industrial applications. Polycarbonate's toughness makes it an ideal fit for the automotive, construction, and other industries that require its plastics to be tough and durable. Asia has the largest consumption and production of polycarbonates. In developing countries, it is going to be a mainstream product and in developed countries, many companies will start to produce polycarbonates. The masterbatch market in Europe and North America are not much as compared to Asia’s growing demand.
The growing packaging demand from the food and beverage packaging industry is creating strong revenue avenues in the masterbatch market. With enhanced coloring, industry players make an impression on the end users as the product sits with them. The competition is fierce in the food and beverage industry, with strong challenges coming from local players. Therefore, the global players with deep pockets are leveraging masterbatches to differentiate their products and stay ahead of the curve.
There is a strong growing demand for masterbatches in the automotive industry as well. The industry is now switching to metals parts with plastic components, which enables them achieve greater fuel efficiency and match regulations regarding greenhouse gas emissions. Additionally, among the various methods to avoid or prevent destruction or degradation of metal surface, the corrosion inhibitor is one of the best know methods of corrosion protection and one of the most useful on the automotive industry. To improve the durability of reinforced concrete structures, which are impaired due the high alkalinity, corrosion inhibitors are mixed with cement or concrete paste.
Scope of Masterbatch Market
The carrier material of the masterbatch can be based on wax or on a specific polymer, identical or compatible with the natural polymer used. Masterbatches can be used in most of the process, except rotational molding and plastisol and other liquid resin systems. Increased usage of plastic products and packaged products are the main drivers for the growth of masterbatch market. There has been a good growth due to the growing manufacturing industries. The increasing use of plastics in the automotive, consumer goods, building and construction industry is yet another driving factor for the growing demand of masterbatches. Rapid growth in industrialization with the developments and innovations in the industry results in the positive market growth.
Masterbatch Market: Trends
- Political Aspect- Masterbatch market is impacted due to Brexit in European market and United Kingdom. But since the exit of UK, the plastic and packaging industry is bolstering smoothly and the entire revenue generation structure for the companies have changed. A number of companies are now investing on expansion beyond their traditional territories in order to fetch new demands.
- Environmental Aspect- According to Americhem, an increasing desire for companies to reduce their environmental impact has led to many breakthrough technologies in the masterbatch market, including nBalance from Americhem. The company’s nBalance sustainable solutions are comprised of color and additive masterbatches that helps reduce impact on the environment. nBalance sustains many solutions like lower environmental impact, reduced consumption of natural resources, and minimal energy used in manufacturing and distribution. Ampacet Corporation, has released its new Cell-Struct line of special effects that visually interprets today’s intersection of technology with and organic elements in an engaging dimensional look for rigid packaging.
- Health Aspects- Increasing ethical and health conscious demands of consumers is driving new quality standards and has inspired Gabriel-Chemie Group to introduce a new range of products to answer the demand for Halal and Vegan-compliant products.
Ferro and Zschimmer & Schwarz are working on optimizing water-based ink, eco-friendly digital ceramic inks, and formulations for efficient application with current-day digital printing machinery print heads.
Masterbatch Market: Competitive Landscape
- On 23 Jan 2020, BASF SE opened first phase of the new antioxidants manufacturing plant in Shanghai, the plant will produce antioxidants and associated forms and blends for the plastic additives market.
- Recently, LyondellBasell, one of the largest plastics, chemicals, and refining companies in the world, has completed acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
- On 18 Jan 2020, European Union has granted conditional clearance for BASF SA to acquire Solvay’s polyamide business.
- Americhem Inc. announces that it has acquired Prescient Color Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited, an Indian based company on 1st June 2020.
There is a rapid growth that has been seen in the masterbatch market, especially in APAC as compared with the other Europe and North America. The major growth is seen in South East Asia. Masterbatch Market is observing a progress because of the increased demand of plastic in various industries like food and beverage packaging industries, automotive, metal, building and construction industries. Many manufacturers are expanding their presence in Asian countries to benefit from the low cost structure and the growing demand for plastics.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Masterbatch Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Masterbatch Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Masterbatch Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Masterbatch Market -Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Masterbatch Market – By Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.1. Standard Color
6.3.5. Special Effect
7. Masterbatch Market – By Process (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8. Masterbatch Market – By Carrier Resins (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Polyethylene (PE)
8.2. Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
8.3. Polystyrene (PS)
8.4. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
8.5. Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
8.6. Polypropylene (PP)
8.7. Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT)
8.8. Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
9. Masterbatch Market – Applications (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.1. Flame Retardant
9.2. Antifouling agent
9.3. Antistatic agent
9.5. anti-fog agent
9.6. extrusion aids
9.7. Ultraviolet resistance
9.8. Corrosion Inhibitor
10. Masterbatch Market – By End Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
10.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
10.3.1. Food & Beverage
10.3.2. Automotive, Electrical & Electronics
10.3.3. Building & Construction
10.3.4. Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
10.3.6. Health Care
11. Masterbatch Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.1. Masterbatch Market Market - North America Segment Research
11.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
11.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.2.2. Revenue and Trends
11.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
22.214.171.124. Rest of North America
11.3. Masterbatch Market - South America Segment Research
11.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.4.2. Revenue and Trends
11.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Costa Rica
188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
11.5. Masterbatch Market - Europe Segment Research
11.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.6.2. Revenue and Trends
11.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
11.7. Masterbatch Market – APAC Segment Research
11.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
11.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
11.8.2. Revenue and Trends
11.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
11.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. South Korea
12. Masterbatch Market - Entropy
12.1. New product launches
12.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
13. Masterbatch Market -Appendix