What is Magnetometer?
Magnetometer is a devices employed to detect, measure and record magnetic fields. The device measures magnetic flux density in units of Tesla. Given the fact that the magnetic flux density in air is directly proportional to magnetic field strength, magnetometer is capable of detecting magnetic fluctuations in the earth’s field.
What are the major applications for Magnetometer?
The common applications for magnetometer are navigation, anti-braking system in automotive, mineral exploration to search for elements such as gold, silver, iron copper, and others. Most of the modern smart phone employs magnetometer for navigational purposes. Apart from these applications it is used in the defense for navigating unmanned aerial aircrafts. In 2020, the consumer electronics sector dominated the market with majority of demand rising from the mobile phone industry.
Market Research and Market Trends of Magnetometer Devices Ecosystem
- Magnetometer are now majorly being deployed in air borne magnetic surveys, submarines, and UneXploded Ordinance (UXO) detection. Defense applications requires more efficiency with less size, thus manufacturers are heavily investing in research and development activities especially aimed at miniaturization and to improve the efficiency. Manufacturers are trying to achieve this by making them compatible with microelectronics technology.
- The inclusion of magnetometers to the PCB boards is an emerging trends, as they offer an additional advantages given that the core could be directly electrodeposited in the PCB board, avoiding the use of glue to fix the magnetic amorphous to core of the device.
- The demand from the spacecraft industry for magnetometers is increasing rapidly given the increasing number of satellites being deployed. Researchers are looking forward to customize device according to the needs and are also planning to improve operational efficiency.
- GDM Group of Magnetic Devices based in Complutense (UCM), had developed a three axis flux gate magnetometer with specifically designed sensors and electronics to support extreme temperature and humidity.
Who are the Major players in Magnetometer Market?
The companies referred in the research report includes Bartington Instruments Ltd, Cryogenic Limited, GEM Technologies, Geometrics ,Honeywell International, Infineon Technologies AG, Foerster Holding GmbH, Lake Shore Cryotronics, Lockheed Martin Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V, Scintrex Limited, Marine Magnetics Corp., Tristan Technologies and , VectorNav Technologies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
2. Executive Summary
3. Magnetometer Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Magnetometer Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Magnetometer Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Magnetometer Market - By Product Type
6.1. Single Axis
7. Magnetometer Market - By Form Factor
7.1. Stationary Magnetometers
7.2. Portable/Mobile Magnetometers
8. Magnetometer Market - By Technology
8.2. Magneto resistive
8.4. Hall Effect
8.5. Magneto Inductive
8.7. Optically Pumped
8.8. Nuclear Precession
9. Magnetometer Market – By Product type
9.1. Scalar Magnetometers
9.1.1. Proton Precession Magnetometer
9.1.2. Over Hauser Effect Magnetometer
9.1.3. Ionized Gas Magnetometers
9.2. Vector Magnetometers
9.2.1. Fluxgate Magnetometers
9.2.2. SQUID Magnetometers
9.2.3. Search-coil Magnetometer
9.2.4. Rotating Coil Magnetometers
9.2.5. Induction Coil Magnetometers
9.2.6. Magneto Resistive Magnetometers
10. Magnetometer Market - By Application
10.1. Consumer Electronics
10.1.3. Optical Storage
10.2. Aerospace & Defense
10.2.1. Airborne and UAV
10.2.4. Space Operations (Plasma flows)
10.3. Education & Research
10.4.1. Mineral Exploration
10.4.2. Coal Exploration
10.4.3. Oil & Gas Exploration
10.4.3.1. Pipeline monitoring
10.4.4. Natural Calamities Research and Monitoring (Earthquakes and Volcanology)
10.5. Healthcare Monitoring
10.8. Image processing of the magnetic data
11. Magnetometer Market - By Geography
11.1. North America
11.1.4. Rest of North America
11.2. South America
11.2.7. Costa Rica
11.2.8. Rest of South America
11.3.9. Rest of Europe
11.4.3. South Korea
11.4.7. Hong Kong
11.4.8. Rest of APAC
11.5. Middle East& Africa
11.5.2. Saudi Arabia
11.5.4. South Africa
11.5.5. Rest of Middle East & Africa
12. Market Entropy
12.1. New Product Launches
12.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
13. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
13.1. Bartington Instruments Ltd
13.2. Cryogenic Limited
13.3. GEM Technologies
13.5. Honeywell International
13.6. Infineon Technologies AG
13.7. Foerster Holding GmbH
13.8. Lake Shore Cryotronics
13.9. Lockheed Martin Corporation
13.10. NXP Semiconductors N.V
14.3. Research Methodology
14.5. Compilation of Expert Insights