Part I. Biology, Agronomy and Economics of Rice Production.
1. Rice Structure (Anatomy and Morphology).
5. Mineral Nutrition of Rice.
6. Chemical Composition of the Rice Plant and How These Compositions Change with Development.
Part II. Practical Disciplines Related to Rice Production.
1. Rice Diseases.
2. Insects Impacting the Rice Crop.
3. Rice Weeds.
4. Soil and Soil Factors Related to Rice Production.
5. Economics of Production and Marketing of Rice.
Part III. Production.
1. Production Systems.
2. Components of the Systems Including Planting, Irrigation, Fertilization, Weed, Insect and Disease Control and Harvest and Milling.
Part IV. Harvesting, Drying, Milling and Processing.
Part V. Rice Breeding Efforts.
1. Breeding as Integration.
2. Modern Breeding Efforts.
3. Breeding Efforts Around the World.
4. Hybrid Rice Breeding